Yep, finally the voiced version of the game is out, after almost 3 months of delay you can find more info and download the voiced demo at the official page
Everyone that bought the game before can simply log-in to my server (not BMT one) and redownload it. The link is on the purchase email
Now going to explain a bit my choices when doing the voiced version. As you might know (at least those who reads my twitter or blog) there were LOTs of troubles when voicing the main character, Heileen herself. In the end, I decided to leave her unvoiced. Several factors influenced my choice:
- after trying 2 voice actress that both gave up on the project (mostly because of the length) I started to think if I would ever find one that would finish the job
- even if I found one, the game wouldn’t have been finished before next summer (or even later)
- leaving the game unvoiced was like leaving a “unfinished” game on sale, and I didn’t like that!
- there are many mainstream games (Dragon Age, Mass Effects and probably some less known japanese VNs) who leave voluntarily the main character unvoiced
So even if my initial idea was to have the game fully voiced as Bionic Heart, I decided to go this way. I think you’ll agree with me that the actors involved did a great voice acting job, so I want to thank them all, in sparse order:
- Ayu Sakata – Ebele, Marie
- Steven Mane – Elias, Marco, Adam
- Lucien Dodge – Black, Morgan, Otto
- Morgan Barnhart – Lora, Juliet and Heileen kid (which unfortunately had to cut, since the main character won’t be voiced)
- Erica Mendez – Magdalene, Marcus kid
- Dan Conlin – Robert, Jack and some minor male characters
- Mauri “Darkblade” Majanoja - John, Jonathan
As you can see, quite a large cast Doing the voices was a great task though, and I don’t think I’ll repeat the experiment anytime soon! For sure not for games with lots of texts, because it’s really time consuming !