Friday catblogging – Finishing a RPG, starting a new one

In the picture above, Grillo & Leon when they were two small kittens in my old home. They used to sleep together to stay warmer :)

As I’m writing this post, I’m doing the final touches to my Planet Stronghold RPG. I hoped to have the final build by now, since I set my own deadline to the end of January, but we’re almost there. In the next few days I’ll release the beta version 0.9, which will be the final build except for:

• some unproofreaded texts
  • might have some plot holes or small bugs (despite the testing, there might be some small mistakes here and there)
  • some missing voices

That’s it, as you can see nothing really big is missing. The final release is estimated for mid-February, though you can already buy the game now for $19.99 and save $5 on the final game price (once it’s officially out the price will be $24.99).

As the blog post title says, I’m finishing a RPG (Planet Stronghold) and starting a new one. This new RPG will be called “DIM: The Insurrection” and you can see a preview art below, with some characters that will be present in the game:

for now I don’t want to say too much, also because we’re just in the early stages, all I can anticipate for now is:

• the main character is the cute girl in the middle, named “Kareta”
  • as you might notice the game features many hybrid human-feline races :)
  • it will be completely written from scratch by native English speaker, so no more “good game, a pity about the writing” complaints ;)
  • will obviously feature battles and a spell system based on four elements + life and death
  • will be written in Renpy and be available for Pc, Mac & Linux
  • will probably feature some map system. Not sure yet if a tilemap or something different, we’re experimenting right now!
  • will have cutscenes and less texts than Planet Stronghold. Will be a more mainstream game, not related to the visual novel world
  • the battles will be more cinematic, featuring many custom scenes
  • depending on the final texts size might even be completely voiced (though perhaps the voice pack might get released at a later date)

That’s all for now! Stay tuned because next friday I might even announce the official release of Love & Order. Or at least the pre-orders :)

This entry was posted in development screenshot, DIM - the insurrection, love & order, otome games, planet stronghold, preorder, roleplay games, winter wolves games and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Friday catblogging – Finishing a RPG, starting a new one

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Computer Games » Friday catblogging – Finishing a RPG, starting a new one -- Topsy.com

2. Carmentis says:

You KNOW that I’m gonna ask this so here it goes, will the new one have romance options to? Cause the cat/wolf/fox guy on the right is sexy! =d

Yes absolutely. Is actually a RPG/Otome game. Kareta will have several romance options. There are some even more sexy wolf/cat/fox guys in the works. I’ll post more preview pictures in the next weeks :)

• Carmentis says:

Woohoo! I hope their more wolfish cause wolfs are one of the few members of the animal clan that mate for life. <3 Hehehe, I'm a terrible romantic. XD

I assume though it's not gonna be as big as undertaking as PS though?

Ah interesting about the wolves, didn’t know that :)
          It’s going to be different from PS, since we’re also looking to have a map/movement system, and will have less texts than PS.

• Carmentis says:

Yeap! Them and hawks are the two I know off the top of my head.
            Ahh, I think though the tilemap would give it a pixelated cute look to it but you always think of something cool so I have faith in ya! How much less text will it have? Will that mean less love interests or do you mean less branching paths?

We’re not sure yet we go with a real PIXEL tilemap – it might even be something like Puzzle Quest 2, so big isometric map with simple hotspot to move between locations, but no scrolling. Less texts means that the dialogues will be shorter, and probably less branching but still lot of love interests and also more cutscenes or sprites. Will be a more visual-oriented game :)

• Carmentis says:

Ahh, I haven’t played Puzzle Quest 2 but I’ll have to see if I can find a demo of it somewhere so I can see what you mean. Personally though I think the pixel tilemap would be so adorable! Seeing Kareta in pixel form and stuff! I get excited thinking about it but then again that’s just my opinion! Oooh more visual sounds good to! Maybe more romantic pictures that make your heart beat faster (like the guy on the right being ‘agressive’ to Kareta or protecting her) and stuff. ^_~ I’ve been playing a lot of otome games lately. XD

I was wondering (and oh so hoping and praying!) that Dim would have the 9.99 pre-order price as was with Planet Stronghold. Or possibly have it available for that price for a week or for more for your more loyal fans or something or oh! maybe for forum members/facebook fans or something! That would probably give a more incentive for people to Like/Join the facebook page and stuff (I have the news for winterwolves on my facebook up XD).

Heh I always do discounts from time to time, though $9.99 was really a low price. I have to find a way to track FB/referrers, I’d be happy to give away the game for $9.99 if that person brought like 100 new fans to the FB page :)

• Carmentis says:

100?! Dang, there’s no way possible I could do that! Well what I meant is like post a discount code in your facebook that’s only good for that week or so. Or have it that only people that have it liked can see the wall and get the code. It’s just hard for me to scrounge up more then 10 bucks when games come out is all. =(

Yes that’s possible too. I’ll have yet to think about it, but anyway that game isn’t coming out very soon (likely not before 3-4 months more). Once I get closer to release will think what to do :)

3. Soh says:

Do you have some news about love & order ? i really like otome games and this one seems interesting, so im looking forward to it…Thanks.

We’re waiting for the last CG scenes, then can start the pre-order phase for sure since the game is done and has been tested already. I really hope all art should be finished by next weekend!

4. Soh says:

Oh good ! then i’ll wait for the pre-order. Hope a lot more people will buy and support your work so there will be more otome games.
    As for the otome site you’ve annonced, when will it be available ?

Ah I’ll put it together after Love & Order is released. It will not be a different company, just a different website for people that want to be sure to find only otome games :)