Today the BecauseWeMay initiative has ended. I participated with Spirited Heart + GIrl’s Love and the Android version. Overall I got a lot of traffic (over 8k uniques between 24th May – 1st June) and sold 116 copies of Spirited Heart and 127 of Girl’s Love for desktop, while the Android sales have been 123.
Because of the low price of $0.99, Android sales total was about $110-120, while because of the “higher” price of $9.99, the desktop sales were a nice total of $1347. Not Earth-shattering numbers of course, but remember that those were direct sales only, not Steam or iOS!
Overall I’m very happy about the result and the initiative and hope that distributors/portals took notice, the few that still don’t let developer choose their own prices. Luckily, there aren’t many, mostly are the casual portals.
Loren Expansion update
I’m going to focus during this month on finishing Loren’s expansion. I have already scripted a good amount of quests/battles, even if I still have to decide some part of the plot (alas a very important one, and I’m a bit stuck). I also have decided to add a pet, a nice hellhound called Trouble. You can see the inventory image below:
I decided to add it because I realized that the total amount of characters with the expansion was 13… and in the new level up screen, there was an empty space! As you can see below:
…that was unacceptable! So I’ve added this extra character/pet, which has some nice unique skills (already implemented and tested).
What you can expect in the expansion? Let’s make a list:
- 4 new recruitable characters: Sauzer, Trouble, Chambara and Mesphit
- 2 new “bisex” romances: you can date with male/female playing character both Mesphit and Chambara
- several new zones, including the Tomb Of Twilight, The Cyclops tribe, The catacombs and of course, The Castle Of N’Mar
- new interesting NPCs that will offer multiple-solution quests, Fallout-style. You’ll be able to do their quest, or change your mind and kill them! (they’re evil, so no regrets!)
- each character will have a specific quest with unique reward item: you’ll discover more about the backgrounds of the base-game characters. Help Rei and retrieve his special Crossbow, help Draco and discover more about his past (and get a cool cloak) and so on.
- new storyline about demons that will change the game ending and establish a new starting point for future possible games/sequels
So as you can see, there’s lots of interesting stuff in the expansion. The current goal is trying to have a beta by the end of this month! Stay tuned for more updates, and if you haven’t already, go check the original game!