Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by jack1974 »

As you know if you read the blog or got the newsletter, I've officially started making Spirited Heart sequel. Sleepykitten (or Sarah since that's her real name!) is writing the stories and she said loves to see work-in-progress screenshots. That explains this:
usually I don't post such early WIPs, but I know she likes to see them, so... 8) I'll update the thread even if for now I don't know yet when the game will be out, many other things to do first!!
thezooqueen
Young scout

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by thezooqueen »

So cute!!!
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

How are you planning on making it a sequel, especially with so many of the same characters? (Eee! I'm excited about the girls! /fangirl)

I don't think we can import our saves from the original Spirited Heart, so is this meant as more of a 'sequel in spirit' (similar to the first game, but updated), starring a new main character (even if we have the same demon, elf, and human archetypes), or are we pretending the first game never happened?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We're pretending the first game never happened :lol:
It's going to be a much improved version. There are 12 male characters, so twice than the first game (not sure yet if all in the main game or in an expansion). The simulation is going to be much deep, with lots of skills, levels up, etc. Much of it is still in planning stage though the current features list is:
- leveling up skills, once you reach 99 in a skill you gain a level up, this way the game is going to last longer
- SIMPLE combat and possibly some kind of dungeon exploring 8)
- SIMPLE crafting of items
- minigames for each job, though are all variations of the base minigame with different skills to use (you'll see what I mean)
- different town districts each one with his own benefits
- after you marry you can still continue the game

and so on... 8)
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

Cool. Looking forward to new updates. Spirited Heart was one of the first games I ever tried from Winter Wolves, and while it's not one of my favorites (Loren!) it was quite charming.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

Please dont take this the wrong way but....Please dont make the majority of the game grinding skills. <3 *puppydog eyes*
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

jack1974 wrote:Sleepykitten (or Sarah since that's her real name!) is writing the stories and she said loves to see work-in-progress screenshots.
usually I don't post such early WIPs, but I know she likes to see them
I do. That made me so happy (/^▽^)/ \(^▽^\) (/^▽^)/

But yea, as Jack said, it'll be an improved version over the original with a lot more content added. ^^v The writing is going at a good pace, too, I think.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

I luvs you both sooo much!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What you don't like grinding !?!?!? :shock:
It will be grinding but quite different, with more variety. At least that's my current idea. In practice each level is 100 skill value so to reach a job ending you'll need to get 10.000 points in the specific job skills :lol: but is not as bad / boring/ grinding as it seems. Wait and see!
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

OOOOkkkaaayyyy I will have to trust ya an pray hehe