Types of characters you like or want to see?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Mariko
Young scout

Re: Types of characters you like or want to see?

Post by Mariko »

daikiraikimi wrote: It's nice to have this kind of thing once in a while-- a heterosexual couple with reversed gender roles.

I can't help but think of Balsa and Tanda from the Moribito (Guardian of the Sacred Spirit) anime here. They're a perfect example of that.
"umm... They were like this when we found them."--- Dora
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

Another vote for reversed gender roles. I was a little disappointed when Nook from Loren 2 switched to just BxB for exactly that reason. You see a lot of feminine guys in yaoi, but a lot less that you can romance as a female character.

(Not that I'm complaining about the switch, just to be clear! Sorry, Jack! But he would've been an interesting GxB choice, the kind you don't see very often.)
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

(Side character or NPC) A young headstrong female halfling, with street smarts, with a creature as a companion, no romance, loves sweets because its something rare for her to get living the way she does
Like to see some features: scars, eye patches, tattoos, a missing limb(not in a bad sense but an able person to adapt without it), MOHAWK :P
I really want a pet companion, familiar, ex. harry potter series, one in Loren, aka Trouble, was more Draco's pet than your own :cry:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Some interesting suggestions indeed...
Solvus wrote: Like to see some features: scars, eye patches, tattoos, a missing limb(not in a bad sense but an able person to adapt without it), MOHAWK :P
About this, I think some of Roger Steel's character will interests you :wink:
Solvus wrote: I really want a pet companion, familiar, ex. harry potter series, one in Loren, aka Trouble, was more Draco's pet than your own :cry:
Yes that would be cool! I'll think about it :)
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

Thanks for considering :) also mismatch color eyes are cool, an albino would be different

I'm looking forward in playing Roger Steel then

Seen too many dog and cat like characters so can one have a lovable monkey character 8)
lozarchtz
Young scout

Post by lozarchtz »

I love characters with serious faults. In Evangelion all the Characters were messed up in their own unique way, it made them so much more interesting than just the standard types. I also like when a character appears one way at first, but when you get to know them you discover a whole other side to them. For instance, someone who acts homophobic because they are struggling with their sexuality (this is usually thought of as a man, but could be a girl too). Also, i am very reserved around people i am not close to, but around my close friends i am quite the opposite. I do not like when i know a character from his/her introduction.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I love all your GxG romances, as a lesbian I was desperate for any stories that contained stories about us that treated us like heroes. Even your non romanced characters are great. Sauzer was very 3D and he was my favorite in Loren surprisingly due to his different motivations. A lust for gold and redemption is a powerful story and the first time I could truly believe in the Holy character. In fact, first time I could understand a Greedy character and empathize with them as well. Not the sad tale, but the firm belief money could make it better.

So more pulls I guess? I love characters who have somewhat subtle pushes in different directions. One reason Karen seemed a better romance than Chambara was there were different elements at war within her. Something that seemingly contradicts but not actually opposites? Brutes that are vicious and insanely violent with a mind like a razor are my favorite villains, its like they could have been a genius but brutality was their vice and determined their fate.

Or an intellectual character who finds that all of it was a waste (for some reason to do with backstory), they are intelligent but instead of being arrogant, find all of their time studying and learning a loss, still intelligent, but resentful of that time that could have been used on more "practical" routes.

The caring sweet character that tries their best to be kind, has someone or something (not an item, but an idea like a home) incredibly dear to them that make them blind to reason when it is put in danger, and prone to fits of anger and violence when that happens, especially if normally they are a peaceful person and it isn't played for laughs.

Things like that.

NPCs that are already together are also amazing. Ramas and Dora together was pretty cool, but Dora and Ramas as an already married couple would have been interesting. 2 traveling heroes who are very much together and past the honeymoon phase, who are one oiled machine (like Loren and the PC 20 years later).

As far as Romances:
I have seen a lot of different things where the man is very feminine and could pass for a woman, but very few where a woman is very masculine and could pass for a man. I have always been attracted to Butch women but rarely see them much. If you ever watched Sailor Moon, Sailor Uranus was a well done example and one I have not seen sense. If not, a woman who is more handsome than pretty and hopefully a warm personality. Tough, but not necessarily boisterous, I guess is one way to put it.

Also, I would think it would be great where there are only 2 romances but they are more in depth and can respond to the situation more. Imagine the content of 6 romances being put into 2. Not necessarily less romance content but pack into 2 characters that can develop with the story and decisions.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the suggestions, about this:
kadakithis wrote: As far as Romances:
I have seen a lot of different things where the man is very feminine and could pass for a woman, but very few where a woman is very masculine and could pass for a man. I have always been attracted to Butch women but rarely see them much. If you ever watched Sailor Moon, Sailor Uranus was a well done example and one I have not seen sense. If not, a woman who is more handsome than pretty and hopefully a warm personality. Tough, but not necessarily boisterous, I guess is one way to put it.
Krimm from SOTW is a bit like that, though she is not GxG and if you mean by exterior aspect well yes she is not enough masculine. For many games in progress the characters are already settled but this is something that I want to add in future as well :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Oh, thanks for responding. This is more like a wishlist than anything. You make great characters and each game seems to have great characters than the one before it. This is the first time I realized all those games were from one person. Spirited Heart Heileen, Heileen 2, Heileen 3, Loren, they are great games, but I am touched anyone has made this even an option. thank you.