Heileen 3 1.1 "Sea Maidens" beta testing

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Heileen 3 1.1 "Sea Maidens" beta testing

Post by jack1974 »

No problems, I understand that is a bit different from Loren or my other games. In reality Heileen is discovering her sexuality indeed, remember also the historical period where it's happening and her education. There are some lines (I think I even took a screenshot and put it on twitter) where she wonders if is "ok" to love a woman and Black first and Lora later open her eyes. There's often in the story the difference from being in the England and being in the Caribbean, in a place free from any social constraint and with complete freedom like it could have been in the 17th century :)
mainland
Young scout

Post by mainland »

To view the extra scenes for the straight version is necessary to start a new game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No they should be visible just after you reunite with all the other people, though I'm not sure if old savegames are compatible. On Windows they should, on Mac I got some errors while testing.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I sadly don't have the time to fool around with this right now, but rest assured that I will take note of any typos I come across once I do have time for the lusty maidens. That might not be before release though.
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

I bought the game and registered it already.

Heileen 3 reminds me sometimes when I was playing THE SIMS time ago (leveling up skills, professions, relationships, romances) :).

Well done about the musical sound effects when leveling up and when breakthrough. :)

Thank you to everybody that has worked on Heileen 3!

Next games to buy:

Bionic Heart 2
Planet Stronghold 2
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka: I plan to leave this in testing for a while, since I was in a hurry to finish the coding, but I can wait end of the month to officially release it :)
Sauzer: BH2 should be out next month. I need to get out my motivational whip though since the proofreader is lagging a bit :wink: as for PS2 since Aleema visit the forums you can send her some life threat- ahem, motivational messages directly :lol:
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

I have the following problem with "Loren the Amazon Princess" and Heileen 3 (not a bug).

I play the games and I unlock everything I like for example at Easy or Casual difficulty. But when I decide to play again the game after some months or just changing the level of difficulty, everything is still unlocked, so I can't enjoy the fun of unlocking achievements (on Loren) or unlocking romances and professions (on Heileen3).

It's possible to place a "reset button" on the achievements of Loren or a "reset button" on the gallery of romances and another "reset button" on the gallery of profesions of Heileen 3? These buttons will reset (lock again) everything was unlocked (on Loren the achivevements and the reset button on romances of Heileen 3 the romances of Heileen 3, and the reset button on professions the professions of Heileen 3). This means a reset button on Loren (achievements) and two different reset buttons on Heileen 3 (romances and professions).

It's fustrating that you can change the difficulty when replaying again the game but you can't unlock the achievements (Loren) or professions and romances (Heileen 3) because you have unlocked them time ago or when you was playing in another level of difficulty. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well first time I get such a request, I must admit :) will try to add it, meanwhile if you want there's a simple solution: you can go in the savegame folder and delete a file called "persistent". You might have to register again, but all the achievements will be reset!
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

I'm not in a hurry right now, so I will wait. :)

Of course if you add it make the game to ask for confirmation when the player press those reset buttons.
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

jack1974 wrote:No problems, I understand that is a bit different from Loren or my other games. In reality Heileen is discovering her sexuality indeed, remember also the historical period where it's happening and her education. There are some lines (I think I even took a screenshot and put it on twitter) where she wonders if is "ok" to love a woman and Black first and Lora later open her eyes.
Not only that, but all four females aren't exactly accessible from the get-go, and it's understandable that Heileen wouldn't be romantically attracted to them at first.

Lora - she's like a mother to Heileen. Plus Lora has Otto and they've been together for years.
Ebele - she's with Robert.
Marie - Heileen's childhood best friend.
Juliet - she's... uh, Juliet. And she's with Morgan.

Also, wow, this game has a lot of content with both versions. XD I easily got up to day 700+ (wasn't actively romancing anyone, was trying to get all of the professional scenes.)

Also, Lora seems unobtainable. Once I got her to 70, I went 200 days without any scenes before giving up. Is that the same for anyone else?