Bionic Heart 2 - easter eggs

A dark sci-fi visual novel: http://winterwolves.com/bionicheart.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Bionic Heart 2 - easter eggs

Post by jack1974 »

There are many hidden easter eggs in the game. Below (with spoilers) there are some, can you find more?
Spoiler:
REFERENCES TO "ATLAS SHRUGGED":
- The entire situation with industrialists withdrawing from society (here: hiding on Mars) is essentially the plot of "Atlas Shrugged", only that in that novel, their plan succeeds, society collapses, and they are welcomed as saviors when they return out of hiding.
- "Atlas Shrugged" was written by Ayn Rand, and its main character is a man named "John Galt". The man responsible for building the Mars colony in BH2 is named John Randall. (I originally wanted to name him "John Randayn"...)
- The main question in "Atlas Shrugged" is "Who is John Galt?" Consequentially, the first question Tanya has when Lucas Walker mentions him is "Who is John Randall?"

OTHER REFERENCES:
- Jason's hacker alias, "Fastjack", is a legendary hacker from the Shadowrun roleplaying universe. On his first appearance in the game manual, he's eighteen, and he has been doing legendary hacks for five years already.
- Botulinum toxin, which Sarah threatens to kill Luke with, is used for cosmetic purposes. Even though it's super-toxic, it's easily available on Mars where everybody wants to be young and beautiful.
- When Tanya is attacked by Julia in the Behemoth hangar, one of the actions that doesn't do anything is trying make it look as though there's something in Julia's back. That's a Monkey Island reference - there are multiple situations in "Monkey Island" where you can do that ("Look! A three-headed monkey!"), and it works in none of them.
There are some obvious one that apply to the general setting, ie Blade Runner, or I, Robot and so on, but I mean specific references like the one above.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: Bionic Heart 2 - easter eggs

Post by Lonestar51 »

You mentioned Shadowrun... Is
Spoiler:
The alias Johnson which Tanya uses to the neighbor, from Shadowrun as well?
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Score!
Spoiler:
A "Johnson" is anybody who hires a Shadowrunner, and Tanya, well, "hires" Fastjack.
Find more?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Spoiler:
And another spoiler. If you find the inspecter, Sarah, in the fridge, is that a reference to the infamous Green Lantern's girlfriend being found in a fridge?

And would the name Lucas Walker be referring to Luke Skywalker? Not to mention he lives on Mars, a desert planet...akin to Tattoine?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't know about the first, but as for the second yes (I wrote that ending on the first game) :)