Windows Mac Linux Mobile Web Forums Blog Support

Planet Stronghold Public Alpha (RPG)

A sci-fi RPG game

Planet Stronghold Public Alpha (RPG)

Postby jack1974 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Finally the first build of the public Alpha for my game Planet Stronghold is ready!

The download links are:
http://www.didone.com/games/PSDemo.exe
http://www.didone.com/games/PSDemo.zip
http://www.didone.com/games/PSDemo.tar.bz2

on start-up you should get an update of about 7mb. I made this intentionally to check if anyone has problems with my new autoupdating system (better to know if I can use it also in the full game or not).
This early Alpha consist of only 2 battles + a bit of story so don't get too much excited

Any feedback is welcome !

Known bug: if you somehow quit during the download the process is still active, so you should terminate it with windows process manager (but usually you shouldn't quit during the update download!)

Additional note: it uses a very early build of Ren'Py with OpenGL, so will be interesting to know any issues you encounter with your videocard.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold Public Alpha (RPG)

Postby jack1974 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

Update: I have reuploaded a new alpha build. Everyone needs to redownload it, because the old version isn't compatible (autoupdating won't work).
Sorry about it, hopefully the new builds will work with the autoupdating system :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:21 pm

I just uploaded a new build, Alpha 02a:
- fixed crashing bug with "LevelUp not defined" error message
- fixed crashing bug when training characters after a levelup
- adds missing backgrounds!

hope the autoupdater works fine for everyone. If you have troubles with it let me know since I'd like to use that in the final game!
jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Well apparently the autopatcher doesn't work on Mac... so this fix will work for Pc only, sorry :(
I'll probably work on it a bit more before releasing a new version to test.
jack1974
Pack leader

Postby blackcro55 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Can you make 2a Mac available outside the downloader? We'll continue to test/play it.

Cheers
Hagen
blackcro55
Young scout

Postby jack1974 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:05 am

Yes, I think I might have solved the problem with autopatcher, it can't uncompress files inside the app package. Talking with Ren'Py coder (the engine I used to make that game) to see if I can solve this. Worse case I'll just reupload full versions of the new versions every time :mrgreen:
I still need to write the next part though, takes longer because you can freely walk on the map.
jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:39 pm

So I've reuploaded the game, full download this time, without any autopatching. The game ends just after you meet the king, but all those crashes should be fixed now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Postby Fafhred » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:51 pm

I downloaded and installed the latest version.

On PC, no change to the crash issue on the skills window, when trying to use skill points (reported by email).
The number of skill points available is still not visible, either (which is annoying to decide what to upgrade).
Fafhred
Young scout

Postby jack1974 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Hm I don't understand how that's possible... :roll: Did you restart a game from the beginning? If not, that might be the cause, you can skip the training to get auto-levelup to do a quick test. If still crashes I would like to have the savegame sent so I can check here (will explain better with email).
jack1974
Pack leader

Alpha 2 - double clicking in skills causes crash

Postby blackcro55 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 pm

repeatable:
Alpha2 with saved game from Alpha1
in a battle, view your character skills screen, double click any skill and the game will crash
will be testing in a new game shortly

Cheers,
Hagen

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack

While running game code:
- script call at line 605 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/story.rpy
- script at line 106 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy
- python at line 539 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy.
- script at line 609 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy
- python at line 769 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 252, in bootstrap
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 310, in main
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 250, in run
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 567, in execute
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy", line 539, in <module>
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/game.py", line 297, in call_in_new_context
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 250, in run
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 567, in execute
File "/Users/hagen/Downloads/Planet Stronghold-mac/Planet Stronghold.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy", line 769, in <module>
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack

While running game code:
- script call at line 605 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/story.rpy
- script at line 106 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy
- python at line 539 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy.
- script at line 609 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy
- python at line 769 of C:\- indie dev -\games\renpy.new\Planet Stronghold\game/data.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.0l
blackcro55
Young scout

Next

Return to Planet Stronghold