Episode 3 - what it could be

A forum dedicated to my comic-styled games series called "Vera Blanc"
jack1974
Pack leader

Episode 3 - what it could be

Post by jack1974 »

I wanted to take a break from Planet Stronghold after working on it all day, so I made this:
http://www.didone.com/testing/VB3-all.zip
is a zip containing all the three platforms (Pc,Mac,Linux) of a super short tech demo of what could be a possible Vera Blanc 3rd episode. You can only click on two zones on the screen or exit the game back to main menu :lol:
I'm going to post around and see if there's interest in a game like that. Since would require lot of background and 3d animations, it would be very expensive, so before embarking into such a big project (which wouldn't be started before next summer anyway) I want to be sure there's enough potential buyers 8)
fleetp
Druid

Re: Episode 3 - what it could be

Post by fleetp »

Jack,
It's looking more like a point and click adventure game than a visual novel. :)
You can count me in as a potential buyer (but you knew that anyway). :wink:

very respectfully,
fleetp
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I'm not making VN anymore, especially for the character of Vera Blanc :) For now is just a test to see if people thinkg 2d+3d character could be OK.
katoji
Young scout

Post by katoji »

Hey - I think I was drawn to Vera Blanc because of the comic style. I don't know...for me it does carry that same charm, and other games don't really incorporate that. Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay. And I like point and click adventures. But TBH with 3D gameplay like that, in a point and click adventure, looks awkward to me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha indeed after my last post in this thread (was made in January) I collected more feedback and that solution doesn't appeal most people. I really think I'm going to use first person point'n'click system, like the old Legend Entertainment games, still using the comic art. The only thing I might change is to have the art slightly more manga than it is now - not cute/stylized manga of course, but more similar to my game Planet Stronghold for example (since seems that women really don't even try a game with western comic art!).
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote:I wanted to take a break from Planet Stronghold after working on it all day, so I made this:
http://www.didone.com/testing/VB3-all.zip
is a zip containing all the three platforms (Pc,Mac,Linux) of a super short tech demo of what could be a possible Vera Blanc 3rd episode. You can only click on two zones on the screen or exit the game back to main menu :lol:
I'm going to post around and see if there's interest in a game like that. Since would require lot of background and 3d animations, it would be very expensive, so before embarking into such a big project (which wouldn't be started before next summer anyway) I want to be sure there's enough potential buyers 8)
Jack,
What program did you use to make the short demo?
very respectfully,
fleet
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The same I use to make all my recent games, Ren'Py 8) I just coded something quickly, it's not a full engine!
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

katoji wrote:Hey - I think I was drawn to Vera Blanc because of the comic style. I don't know...for me it does carry that same charm, and other games don't really incorporate that. Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay. And I like point and click adventures. But TBH with 3D gameplay like that, in a point and click adventure, looks awkward to me.
Same here I LOVE the story and reeeaaaally want to see what happens next to Vera the long suspense is so :o ...............plus I'm a girl
Is this game on hold?
I rather have it VN if it cheaper(production wise), easier, and faster to do.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Is not like is "on hold", it never started :lol: that was just a prototype I made for fun.
Doesn't make sense for me to do a game like the first two since would be wasted time (I lost money making them). I *think* that an adventure, or at least something more interactive would work better, but right now is not my priority and I'll be busy with the current games at least until 2014 :)
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

jack1974 wrote:Is not like is "on hold", it never started :lol: that was just a prototype I made for fun.
OH :shock:
Doesn't make sense for me to do a game like the first two since would be wasted time (I lost money making them). I *think* that an adventure, or at least something more interactive would work better, but right now is not my priority and I'll be busy with the current games at least until 2014 :)
I think you're gonna be very busy with the more popular games for a :o loooong time
Well I appreciate Vera Blanc story, it'll be sad if the series dies, if it is going to die don't leave such an intense ending! :lol: