Will this series ever come back?

A story-driven poker / dating sim game
krisslanza
Young scout

Will this series ever come back?

Post by krisslanza »

The idea of a poker driven game, is interesting, particularly with strip poker! The game itself does seem a bit overly poker heavy, which is mostly just an issue with how many random non-strip poker games you have to go through first, hahaha.

But I'm guessing as no one has posted in this for about 7 years, the game idea never really caught on? The strip poker is well done, with good art... although it seems odd that only Miko's game ever explains why you don't get to actually bet clothing, and are instead just assumed naked instantly, where as the girls get to offer clothing...
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Will this series ever come back?

Post by jack1974 »

No I am pretty sure I'll never do a strip poker game again, this game really sold poorly, I even removed it from sale if you noticed :)
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

jack1974 wrote:No I am pretty sure I'll never do a strip poker game again, this game really sold poorly, I even removed it from sale if you noticed :)
Explains why it was hard to find and all the links were dead. I just kind of stumbled upon it in Google when I was searching things.
Shame it didn't sell well though! :(
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

If you made it free to play I suspect you could get some money out of it. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The thing is that it also had some bugs, in particular on Mac wasn't working well. And it's using an ancient version of Ren'Py so would also be problematic to convert to the newer version now :)
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I was just talking about a new one from scratch.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK, well there would be the need to program the poker AI. Probably the easiest thing would be just those poker/slot machines where there aren't real AI opponents :)
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

jack1974 wrote:Ah OK, well there would be the need to program the poker AI. Probably the easiest thing would be just those poker/slot machines where there aren't real AI opponents :)
True, that is a bit tricky. Could always do strip rock-paper-scissors, or blackjack! Or high card... things that don't really have the bluffing, or "thinking" element of poker!
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Oh! I got to try a copy of this (sat at work playing with a colleague who thought it fun too :D)
Absolutely loved it, the characters were awesome, the writing so silly it was GOOD (standing in front of a complete stranger/cute girl) first thing you do is say "So..... do you want to play a game of poker?" Or similar to that.

Whatever you did, wherever you were, Card Sweethearts NEVER let you forget you were playing a game where POKER (and the girls I guess :p) was at the very centre. :p Lucky me I had a friend who knew what cards to pick while playing.

The game has charm for all its flaws :D