Romance Guide

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Aleema
Official writer

Romance Guide

Post by Aleema »

You need 5 full hearts of Affection to see the romance ending in Chapter 4. You can gain affection by selecting "(Romance)" in dialogue options, by viewing earned romance cutscenes, or by selecting the right choice in some branches.

Every character has 3 romantic cutscenes that are triggered by entering the camp. With the exception of a few characters, all 3 cutscenes MUST be viewed before proceeding to Chapter 4. Sometimes you will have to leave camp and come back later to trigger a scene or dialogue.

Every romance character (Loren, Myrth, Amukiki, Karen, Rei, Draco) require 5 romance points, or "hearts", to see their romance CG in Chapter 4, along with seeing all 3 of their camp cutscenes.
  • General Tip: Take every (Romance) option you see with the character you want to romance. You'll likely get 5 full hearts well before you reach Chapter 4 if you do this. You will stop earning affection after you reach 5 hearts, but all scenes and dialogue will continue as normal.

General Tip 1: Visiting the camp triggers only 1 cutscene at a time. If you have several cutscenes waiting to be trigger, leave and come back.

General Tip 2: Loren's romance with Saren and Elenor's romance with Rei will have their 3rd cutscene automatically triggered in Chapter 4. If you only see 2 cutscenes before Chapter 4, that's what is supposed to happen.

General Tip 3: You can romance multiple people at the same time, but you will be forced to narrow it down to one person at the end of Chapter 3. If you don't, your love interest will be chosen for you when you enter Chapter 4.

General Tip 4: Some cutscenes trigger only at the end of Chapter 3, so go to the camp before proceeding if you want to unlock all content!
Below is a walkthrough for each character, so that romances are transparent, if you so choose. Everybody should be allowed to get the ending they want! :)

********* LOREN *********
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 1 ~
Romance options in the main quest:
1. (Image Elenor only) Entering the Tavern for the first time after searching Grimoire
2. (Image Saren only) Just before recruiting Draco, the flirt itself differs depending on gender
3. (Human path only) trying to convince Loren to not go to crypt right away
3. (Elf path only) when dealing with Tobaar

WARNING: It is possible to lose affection points in Chapter 1 if:
1. you select "Forceful" answer for the response choice in the Human branch (#3 above)
2. you select "Joking" answer for the choice in the Elf branch (when dealing with Tobaar).

Human branch only:
Camp Dialogue: "Draco" (Image Saren only) / "Trust" (Image Elenor only)

~ Chapter 2 ~
Cutscene: "Fur" - Requires: 2 Hearts - Chapter 2+

~ Chapter 3 ~
Cutscene: "Leg" - 3 Hearts (Healer Only)
Cutscene: "Troops" - 3 Hearts (Trainer Only)
Cutscene: "Guard" - 3 Hearts (Palace Guard Only)
Cutscene: "Poison" - 3 Hearts (Harem Spy Only)

Camp Dialogue: "Friendship" - Requires one of the 4 above cutscenes - Choose: Talk about weather

Cutscene: "Sleep" - Requires: 4 Hearts - End of Chapter 3 (Image Elenor only)

~ Chapter 4 ~
I recommend you "stay here".

Cutscene: "Slave" - 5 Hearts (Image Saren only)

♦♦♦ CG Scene (Image Elenor only)
♦♦♦ CG Scene (Image Saren only)

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 4+♥ Loren and any: 5♥ Amukiki, 5♥ Draco, 5♥ Rei - Choose: "The woman's body is superior"
Cutscene: "Loren vs Karen" - 5♥ Loren, 5♥ Karen - End of Chapter 3 (Image Elenor only)
Cutscene: "Loren vs Myrth" - 5♥ Loren, 5♥ Myrth - End of Chapter 3 (Image Saren only)
********* DRACO *********
(Image Saren only)
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 1 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Handsome" - After meeting Chambara - Choose: Appreciate Compliment

WARNING: Flirt option in Loren's "Draco" dialogue loses him affection. Selecting "No" when he asks you about the dark elves results in affection loss, too.

~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Famous"

Cutscene: "Fire tricks" - 2 Hearts - Chapter 2+

Camp Dialogue: "Lineage" - 2 Hearts - After starting Elf quest

~ Chapter 3 ~
Cutscene: "Guard Duty" - 3 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Personal" - 4 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Happy" - 5 Hearts - Middle of Chapter 3

Cutscene: "Elf Ears" - 5 Hearts - End of Chapter 3

~ Chapter 4 ~

♦♦♦ CG Scene

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 4+♥ Draco and any: 4+♥ Loren, 4+♥ Amukiki, 4+♥ Myrth - Choose: "Tell Draco that nothing has to change"
********* MYRTH *********
(Image Saren only)
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 1 ~

Camp Dialogue: "Druid"

~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Human"
Camp Dialogue: "Elf Attack" - After starting Elf quest

Cutscene: "Rare Flower" - 2 Hearts - After starting Elf Quest

~ Chapter 3 ~

Cutscene: "Almost" - 4 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Jul"

Cutscene: "Argument" - 5 Hearts - Middle of Chapter 3 - [Optional fight with Rei]

WARNING: Killing Mesphit will lose affection

~ Chapter 4 ~

♦♦♦ CG Scene

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 5♥ Myrth and any: 4+♥ Amukiki, 4+♥ Draco - Choose: "No, what you have with Myrth is special"
Cutscene: "Loren vs Myrth" - 5♥ Loren, 5♥ Myrth - End of Chapter 3 (Image Saren only)
********* AMUKIKI *********
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 1 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Oath II"

~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Name" - After Ashtran agrees
Camp Dialogue: "War" - After Human quest completes

Cutscene: "Food" - 2 Hearts - Chapter 2+

Camp Dialogue (LOREN): "Chp2" - after starting both Human and Elf quests, before finishing either
Camp Dialogue: "Argument" - requires Loren's "Chp2" dialogue, or automatically triggers in Chapter 3 - [Optional fight with Amukiki]

~ Chapter 3 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Tribe" - 4 Hearts - Choose: Remark on attractiveness

Cutscene: "Spar" - 4 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Krul II" ("Take Orcs Hostage" Only)
Camp Dialogue: "Tribe" - 5 Hearts - Middle of Chapter 3

Cutscene: "Cliff" - 5 Hearts - End of Chapter 3

WARNING: "Fight Krul" will result in loss of affection

~ Chapter 4 ~

♦♦♦ CG Scene: Elenor
♦♦♦ CG Scene: Saren

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 5♥ Amukiki and any: 5♥ Loren, 4+♥ Myrth, 5♥ Draco, 5♥ Karen - Choose: "Ask about Nomad tradition"
Cutscene: "Rei vs Amukiki" - 5♥ Amukiki, 5♥ Rei - End of Chapter 3 (Image Elenor only)
********* REI *********
(Image Elenor only)
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 1 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Prowess"
Camp Dialogue (MYRTH): "Preference" - Requires Rei's "Prowess" dialogue
Camp Dialogue: "Expectations" - Requires Myrth's "Preference" dialogue - Choose: Offended

~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Seduction" - 2 Hearts - Chapter2+ - Choose: Help him
Camp Dialogue: "Elves" - 3 Hearts - Completed Elf Quest - Automatically starts ♦"Overnight"

Cutscene: "Overnight" - Requires "Elves" dialogue

~ Chapter 3 ~

Cutscene: "Tree Climb" - 4 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Jul" - 1 Heart - Killed Succubus - for Harem Spy only

WARNING: Letting Mesphit live will lose affection

~ Chapter 4 ~

Cutscene: "Oath" - 5 Hearts

♦♦♦ CG Scene

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 4+♥Rei and any: 5♥ Loren, 4+♥ Karen - Choose: "You're attracted to all kinds of people"
Cutscene: "Rei vs Amukiki" - 5♥ Amukiki, 5♥ Rei - End of Chapter 3 (Image Elenor only)
********* KAREN *********
(Image Elenor only)
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 1 ~
n/a

~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Ryzom"

Cutscene: "Last Rites" - 1 Heart - Requires non-romantic "Comfort" Dialogue

~ Chapter 3 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Stupidity"
Camp Dialogue: "Spirit" - Choose: Don't Apologize

Cutscene: "Charm" - 3 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Future" - 4 Hearts - Middle of Chapter 3 - Choose: No

Cutscene: "Porridge" - 5 Hearts - End of Chapter 3

~ Chapter 4 ~
You will go to the Citadel, if you have 5 hearts

♦♦♦ CG Scene

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 5♥ Karen and any: 4+♥ Amukiki, 4+♥ Rei - Choose: "You want Karen"
Cutscene: "Loren vs Karen" - 5♥ Loren, 5♥ Karen - End of Chapter 3 (Image Elenor only)
********* CHAMBARA *********
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Slave" -
Camp Dialogue: "Loren" - Completed either Elf or Human quest

Cutscene: "Proposition" - 1 Heart - Chapter 2+

~ Chapter 3 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Death" - 3 Hearts - Killed Succubus

Cutscene: "Magic" - 4 Hearts

Camp Dialogue: "Future" - End of Chapter 3

Cutscene: "Bewitchment" - 5 Hearts - End of Chapter 3

~ Chapter 4 ~

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 4+♥ Chambara and any: 5♥ Loren, 4+♥ Karen, 4+♥ Draco, 4+♥ Amukiki, 4+♥ Rei, 4+♥ Mesphit - Middle of Chapter 3
Cutscene: "Chambara vs Myrth" - 4+♥ Chambara, 4+♥ Myrth - End of Chapter 3 (Image Saren only)
********* MESPHIT *********
Spoiler:
~ Chapter 2 ~
Camp Dialogue: "Alive" -
Camp Dialogue: "Rei & Myrth" - Completed Elf Quest

Cutscene: "Midnight Feeding" - 1 Heart - Chapter 2+

~ Chapter 3 ~
Cutscene: "Heat" -3 Hearts - Chapter 3

WARNING:
  • Trying to pawn Mesphit onto the vampires will result in loss of affection.
  • Killing Zeal without Sauzer in your party will kill Mesphit.
Cutscene: "Runaway" - 4+ Hearts - End of Chapter 3

~ Chapter 4 ~

~ Love Triangles ~
Camp Dialogue: "Jealousy" - 4+♥ Mesphit and any: 4+♥ Loren, 4+♥ Karen, 4+♥ Myrth, 4+♥ Draco, 4+♥ Amukiki, 4+♥ Rei, 4+♥ Chambara
Cutscene: "Mesphit vs Rei" - 4+♥ Mesphit, 4+♥ Rei (Image Elenor only)
##########
= Affection increase at the end
= One of the 3 required cutscenes to view to unlock CG scene
♦♦♦ = Romance finale that has an optional CG graphic (warning: suggestive themes)

FAQ: What is the "Middle of Chapter 3" and the "End of Chapter 3"?
Spoiler:
Middle - After defeating both Krul and Jul and returning to the Citadel
End - After plague is cured, but before you tell Breza to continue
FAQ: How do I determine my character's "job"?
Spoiler:
During the history building portion after selecting Saren or Elenor:
Healer = you worked at Healer's Quarters
Trainer = you worked at Training Grounds
Palace Guard = you worked at Royal Palace as a Warrior
Harem Spy = you worked at Royal Palace as Thief
FAQ: Can I romance more than one person at a time?
Spoiler:
Yes, up until chapter 4. You will only be able to play the ending of the game attached to 1 person. Some love triangles will trigger scenes that will resolve who you'll end up with at camp. Otherwise, if you've completed the romance arcs for more than one person and advance to chapter 4 with full hearts for multiple people, you will get a scene that explicitly asks you to pick a person. This person will be who the game will recognize as your lover.

There are 3 love triangle cutscenes in the main game: Loren vs Karen, Rei vs Amukiki, and Myrth vs Loren. All characters will have a jealousy dialogue that you can trigger as well. In those conversations, you will be presented with an option that will tell the character if you're still interested in them. Warning: choosing the option that hints you're interested more in other people will result in a loss of affection.
FAQ: Why should I NOT romance more than one person?
Spoiler:
Because cheatin' is wrong, yo. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Aleema on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 am, edited 14 times in total.
oldciyguy
Young scout

Re: Romance Guide

Post by oldciyguy »

It looks like one can only get two hearts for Loren on the elf route in chapter 1 vs three on the human route. If that is the case, then the cutscenes will never trigger since you will have only three hearts
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I recall Aleema adding an extra one to the elf to balance things out, maybe she forgot to add it to the guide. I think she's getting some well-deserved sleep now, but when she's awake again will reply to you better than me :)
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Hi oldciyguy,
Yes, I freaked out when I realized that human/elf branch was not equal. I only saw it when writing out this guide. I made sure to test romancing Loren on an elf-branch elenor and I was able to see the last cutscene at the end of Chp3. This is because I lowered the required number of hearts, and like Jack said, I forgot to update the guide. The profession cutscenes only need 3 hearts, and elenor's last scene only needs 4 hearts. However, this will lead to a problem with a lack of hearts in Chp4 that I will make sure to fix way before the release of Version 1.0. When version 1.0 comes out, I ask for everyone to please talk to your love interests to make sure all content is seen before Chapter 4 (alternatively, there is one last emergency Camp session in chp4 before all romance decisions become permanent) ... Thanks for your patience everyone!! :)
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

Huh. And here I was wondering if you were doing something unexpected with, at the very least, Karen and the dwarf dude, when I spotted their flags in the camp dialogues...
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Some characters will just plain turn you down, sorry. Can't have everyone! :) (Unless I misread that, and you're disappointed there isn't a Ramas x Karen scene??)
obsessedwjpn
Young scout

Post by obsessedwjpn »

I think this guide is wonderful Aleema. Thank you so much. I have version 0.9 and I have already decided that I am going to romance Rei on my first playthrough then Amukiki. Then I will switch over to Saren and maybe go for Myrth since she is adorable. (I realize I can't see their "finalized" romances until the full version but I am having fun with the cutscenes and interaction even now :) )

One question though: How do you meet Amukiki? I have been playing the earlier versions until now and I never met him in Chapter 1. Is it a choice between meeting him or Rei and Myrth? The decision where you decide to flee into the forest from Grimoire or break out of jail? This would be great help. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Love this game and I am so happy that I can help support the amazing creativity of Jack, Aleema, and everyone else involved with this game. Appreciate all your hardwork to give us something awesome.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

You meet Amukiki if you take Dora's plan and end up in jail (this is the "Human" branch), but only after you do Apolimesho's quest and return to Grimoire. When you attempt to leave Grimoire, you will trigger Amukiki's scene. (About the same time you got Rei on the Elf branch.) You will always get the two members you missed at the beginning of Chapter 2. He will appear with Apolimesho at the Citadel.
ankewl
Young scout

Post by ankewl »

Such a great guide, I love the visual presentation. Shows the amount of love which has gone into creating the game :mrgreen:

But I.. must not click on spoilers before I buy the game. The dark side is corrupting me! :oops:
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

:) The walkthroughs under the spoilers are rather minimal. I used only one code word for each scene and nothing else. I'm too involved to know if the code word spoils anything though, but I guess better safe than sorry!