Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not including Chambara and Mesphit since they'll be available in the expansion. When that one is out, might update this poll. Indeed I allowed "re-voting" meaning that you can change your mind later if you want 8)
It's mostly a thing doing for fun, but will also help me and the writer to understand what is more popular amongst the players. So if we see a particular kind of personality/situation is very popular, we'll try to do something along the same lines in future games, and so on.

Even if I'm the author, I have my preferences too. I voted Loren - Saren, even if it was a *very* close call with Saren - Myrth. But Loren - Saren is really wonderful IMHO. It might be for the atypical situation, you being a slave, and she is your mistress, but seeing her change her point of view and attitude towards Saren,
Spoiler:
and late in the game, towards all the slaves, is something that goes beyond the classic love archetype
(hope I wrote what correctly lol).

Favorite moments:
Spoiler:
During the injured leg scene:
saren: "Kill me, if you must. I won't ignore your pain, even if you chose to."
"Saren stared at the floor in the next moment, unsure of what would come next. When nothing happened immediately, he feared the worst."
loren "You think ... I would kill you? For this?"
"Saren looked up and saw Loren's pained expression."
"Especially since he thought that, as a man, he would have never have had the privilege to touch her. He reached his hand out to her leg."
"Loren shivered in anticipation just before he touched her skin."
"Saren's fingertips brushed against the top of Loren's foot as he softly placed he hand on her ankle and glided it slowly upwards, searching her leg for trauma. Loren's eyes closed, but not from pain."
Spoiler:
If you were a Palace Guard (during character creation):
"Loren could not help but remember the day her life was saved by a nameless slave. She had broken out of the castle and spurned her studies, but turned down the wrong alley or took the wrong street ... the people there did not care who she was."
"Her one sword was knocked from her hands, young Loren knew fear for the first time, and vowed to always have a spare."
"She was saved by a man before she was attacked by the low-lifes. That man ... was Saren."
"Loren sat down on the ground in the middle of the forest, finally letting her memories flood her."

I particularly like this one since shows that already when Loren was young, Saren was looking for her, protecting her.
There are more of course, including the final romance scene. Those are just the ones I liked mostly. There's also a new one really cool that Aleema just wrote, but since is not available yet I don't want to spoil the fun even with a spoiler tag!! 8)
Aleema
Official writer

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by Aleema »

Well, we're probably the only 2 who have played the full romance arcs (maybe Anima too), so we can vote more confidently, and it's like picking my favorite child here, but ... I think Rei is the most satisfying to me. You can see his different layers throughout his arc, I hope. I wouldn't say he matures per se, but you learn that his brash behavior is him masking how he really feels and loneliness. The guy does have a healthy sex drive, but that's not automatically a bad thing.

I could vote for all the romances here, I just feel Rei has a nasty rep already, so I wanted to defend him for a moment. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes probably too early to vote right now for most people, since some final scenes can really change the mind about a romance :) I easily imagine Rei becoming the most popular character amongst female players though!
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

Amukiki! I love him with both Saren and Elenor. If he didn't exist it would be hard to choose because I really love Saren/Draco and Elenor/Karen a tiny bit more, but I can't choose which one. All the romances are interesting, but Amukiki made me squeal (on the inside) like a school girl (womanly and on the inside) so far. I'm looking forward to finishing the game to see if my opinion changes and of course the expansions when Chambara and Mesphit are available.
Arcanum
Young scout

Post by Arcanum »

Rei is winning for the moment XD I had no doubts… At least from my experience with fandoms, girls like that type of character a lot. I guess there's a special feeling to make the womanizer fall for that one special girl. :lol: I had a few romantic scenes with him because I wanted to try out all of Elenor romances… Even if I wanted to make an exclusively lesbian Elenor. He kinda won me over (but I'll aim for the amazon queens, of course ;) I won't settle with less!).Btw, there was a scene where she feels jealous of Mirth when she sees him too close to Rei… Did I get this scene because I already had hearts with him? Now I'm confused if I got the heart before or after that scene /o But I liked the banter between him and her. The haugthy type that refuses to fall for the guy straight away works in that kind of setting, I think, and it makes it out to be an interesting story. Now, I know Saren isn't an option for Rei, but I enjoyed their talks as well XD (I don't know if they were specific, though, Elenor can have those talks too and I didn't realize; but Saren was my first character to play as, so…)

I'm not interested much in BxG as I'm in… all the rest, but I gotta confess Myrth won me over. She was shyer than I thought to be possible with that… leaf covering XD She was adorable. I found myself flirting with her as well! (then I had to backlog because I didn't want Amukiki getting jealous XD) Amukiki was my favorite romance so far, though. I loved how noble he was… I would pin the barbarian to be, well, more barbarian, but he was stoic and heroic. Amukiki, even being trained his whole life to behold the sword, stepped out very gracefully for Loren. I really enjoyed how childish was Saren's behavior in comaprison; their banter was fun as well XD And the budding respect between them was honest and cool.

I think the only love interest I didn't find myself curious about was Draco. Poor kid, though XD I felt too maternal towards him in the end.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Arcanum wrote: I guess there's a special feeling to make the womanizer fall for that one special girl. :lol:
Yup, basically. :)
Arcanum wrote:Btw, there was a scene where she feels jealous of Mirth when she sees him too close to Rei… Did I get this scene because I already had hearts with him?
I'm not entirely following the she's and him's in that sentence. Could you clarify more?

You're right about Amukiki being not as "barbarian" as you would expect. His history will be more explored in the expansion. There's a lot of development that I'm planning on and already consider part of the characters, but you guys aren't privy to it, yet. ;_;
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I guess since Amukiki has been living for years in the human empire capitol of Grimoire, he learned to be more "polite" (can't find a better term right now). But I can imagine him like a wild beast ready to attack if someone threatens his honor / code of rules :)
anita
Young scout

Post by anita »

Karen... I'm in love with Karen. I don't know why, must be something of her sprite. But I find her more attractive than Loren! (I know will be killed for saying this...) :lol:
Arcanum
Young scout

Post by Arcanum »

uasgduwgd I should pay more attention to what I write pffff. What I meant was: "Elenor felt jealous of Myrth when Myrth was talking to Rei." That was when she discovered they were relatives.

And mannn now I can't wait for the expansion ever more. I was already eager for Chambara and Mesphit, but now more info on Amukiki?! I'm sold <3
Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss »

Karen +1. The mom factor and the last lover barely being cold make the path feel seriously wrong, but it's a wrong path I'll take all day. Tough, mature, and wonderfully vulnerable. The rafter scene is game, set, and match.