Battle tips & tricks thread

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Battle tips & tricks thread

Post by yayswords »

By the way, I saw a Wait action being discussed earlier in this thread. I would really like to see that 'cause it's annoying when it's a paralyzed character's turn with a capable dispeller next in line. I really wish I could just wait instead of suffering a 10 delay for Defend. Then again as I type it, I realize I can throw a potion for half the delay or just switch positions for 3 - I believe it was possible to do that while paralyzed, but still an actual Wait action would be nice. Will there be one?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well as you can imagine I don't plan to make any big changes to the battle now that the game is out since long time (and I have already tweaked the battle A LOT!). Fixing bugs yes, but doing tweaks means that should retest all the battles, and right now I really don't have the time (I need to finish some new games).
I can put a Wait action in SOTW, though I'm also thinking to just change the movement delay as told before :mrgreen: So the choice would be only to defend to reduce effect by 1 and get some defense bonus.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Aye, I get that you people are focused on upcoming titles, but I figure it's still best to post here what I think can be improved from LtAP :) I'll take the feedback to the other forums once I'm actually playing the respective games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

How useful is speed beyond getting first strike? How much impact does it really have on delay? I'm wondering if it actually pays off to get more skill for speed when I'm already striking first.
nightshadengale
Young scout

Post by nightshadengale »

I've observed it having a pretty noticeable impact on delay at higher levels. In a party with 3 warriors + 2 mages + Rei (using headshot 3 as often as possible) my queue often ends up like
Rei
<someone else>
Rei
<another person>
<yet another person>
Rei
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

That skill has a short delay though :) 6, same as a normal attack.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In older versions speed had a VERY big impact, but I reduced it in later updates because was enough to put all your attribute points into "Skill" to become invincible :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I know :) but if I use a 12 delay skill, how much does that become with say 130 speed?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the function is this one but don't ask me more, I'm not a good coder. I just use and tweak what Anima gives me :lol:

Code: Select all

def getWait(self, pSkill):
            wait = pSkill.cWait - round((self.getValue("Speed")-100)/pSkill.cThreshold)
            if wait > pSkill.cMinWait:
                return wait
            return pSkill.cMinWait
but actually your question doesn't have a clear reply, since doesn't matter only your speed value, but also those of enemies, so depends on that and many other factors (slow spells, staggered, etc).
(cThreshold is = 15 usually from what I can see in code)