The Codex

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Re: The Codex

Post by SpectralTime »

Of course it is.

Look, Zeal, buddy-- I know what you're trying to get at with the "Are demons really so terrible?" bit, but we aren't trying to kill them because they're demons, and thus we think they're inherently evil because racism. We're trying to kill them because they're jerks who try to murder and eat us. It's not that hard!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

And the demons are bound to have some really interesting herbs, though the scent of brimstone may get a little much.

They must make a killing selling demon rum.

And you know, you could actually create a town who's claim to fame is that their distilled spirits may actually have spirits in them. Vodka on the rocks, hold the ectoplasm anyone?
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

SpectralTime wrote:Of course it is.

Look, Zeal, buddy-- I know what you're trying to get at with the "Are demons really so terrible?" bit, but we aren't trying to kill them because they're demons, and thus we think they're inherently evil because racism. We're trying to kill them because they're jerks who try to murder and eat us. It's not that hard!

Exactly! U____________________U
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Well, whatever we decide demons favorite dish is, we should look at all games taking place in Aravorn.

Now, in Loren demons are horrible and murderous. In Spirtited Heart they are a bit mischievous, but basically just people with red wings. In Loren 2 there may be the storypart which links the two: demons stop being murderous and start living with humans, elves and dwarfes.

If demons favorite dish would be roasted humans (or other intelligent beings), people would be very very wary of demons, to say the least. Attempted genocide and putting the last few living ones in zoo comes to mind. (with magical protections, of course) Therefore I would say demons eat the usual meat animals, they just prefer the meat raw. Nothing can beat the taste of fresh blood.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I was joking about the roasted humans obviously!! :lol:
Yes I can imagine them eating raw flesh. Should ask Mesphit about it, he seems to know a things or two...
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Haha I was joking about the roasted humans obviously!!
Obviously, but that said, there probably would be a subset of the creatures that would view humans, etc. as prey. As such, there are bound to be culinary choices among them.
Nothing can beat the taste of fresh blood.
Not to mention a vampire thing. I can easily see a vampire having a prospective 'donor' eat a combination of things to flavor the blood as it were.

Heh, maybe Ruby likes Amber for more than one reason...
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Miakoda wrote:
Haha I was joking about the roasted humans obviously!!
Obviously, but that said, there probably would be a subset of the creatures that would view humans, etc. as prey. As such, there are bound to be culinary choices among them.
Hmm...boiled, mashed or baked? Fried, barbecued or smoked? decisions, decisions... :twisted:
Nothing can beat the taste of fresh blood.
Not to mention a vampire thing. I can easily see a vampire having a prospective 'donor' eat a combination of things to flavor the blood as it were.
Most Definitely, especially the pickier ones. This can even go as far as the mood of the prey when the blood is taken...from sheer terror to total euphoria, since various all natural biochemical compounds are released into the blood depending on the emotions the prey is feeling. When some vampires decide to give a victim one less orgasm, it may not be a kindness at all, it may simply be seasoning. :twisted:
Heh, maybe Ruby likes Amber for more than one reason...
:?:

This reference just sailed over my head darling. More info please.
Last edited by P_Tigras on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you remember in Loren, if you offer Mesphit (a dark elf) to Valery she seems to appreciate it. Maybe dark elves blood is particularly tasteful for vampires...? :wink:
(when I started making games I'd never thought I'd discuss about such topics in forums!! :lol:)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

P_Tigras wrote: :?:

This reference just sailed over my head darling. More info please.
There will be a game called Amber's Magic Shop in the Life/Dating Sim category. It is set in the same world as Loren, but in a different time (at a later date when the Dark Elves have been somewhat accepted).

Amber herself is a dark elf, and one of the Yuri romances is with a female vampire named Ruby.

Here is some relevant art:
http://winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2906

The one with the lettering: Amber Magic Shop has Ruby on the far right. Amber herself is the dark elf. There is no date on when the game will be released and as a dating sim may not be your cup of tea.

However, such things (like Spirited Hearts) also do add a little lore to the world of Loren (Aravorn)
Last edited by Miakoda on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There are unconfirmed rumors that there might be an exploration part to gather ingredients for the alchemy recipes with RPG battles (nothing complex, but something like the Atelier series). But I am not sure if it's official (aka if I'll manage to add that, but I'll try) :lol: