Castle of N'Mar Walkthrough

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Ophelianime
Young scout

Re: Castle of N'Mar Walkthrough

Post by Ophelianime »

jack1974 wrote:If you kill the vampires and make Zeal happy you can get the other ending :)
sigh. Well thank you for the advice. It's a shame really. I would've preferred they live
Ophelianime
Young scout

Post by Ophelianime »

OK, I loaded an earlier game and succeeded in recruiting Sauzer. So here's the order in which I did things.

I met the vampires and took the diamond quest. Met Morte, got the kill Zeal quest. Went to the mines, got the diamond. Then went to Truth Temple and recruited Suazer. Talked to Zeal, then delivered the diamond to the vampires and accepted the quest to kill Morte. Killed Morte, talked to the vampires.

Now my question is, do I still need to kill the vampires? Or have I done everything in good enough order to get the happy ending without having to kill them?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No if you have done all those steps you can leave the vampires in peace :)
Ophelianime
Young scout

Post by Ophelianime »

Ah thank you, that's a relief. I really do prefer that they live
Ophelianime
Young scout

Post by Ophelianime »

Is there supposed to be some indicator that I've done everything right? Because now, every time I try to talk to Zeal, all I can do is ask the same questions. Is the fact that he has nothing new to say an indicator that I haven't done everything I need to acquire his help?
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

As far as I remember there is no marker. You do what Zeal demands from you, and that is the end of the sidequest. Usually I would expect some kind of "I have done it now what" dialog, but there is none. Zeal will help you at the end.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes if you see his quest as completed in the quest screen you can't do anything new. He'll show up again in the end :wink:
Ophelianime
Young scout

Post by Ophelianime »

ok thank you
Ophelianime
Young scout

Post by Ophelianime »

When you say, "at the end," do you mean after I have killed Fost? Or after I have to make the horrible decision as to which of the three characters to sacrifice? Because I've just won the battle against Fost, and Zeal hasn't appeared. Will he come after I have made my choice? Or is this an indicator that I've done something wrong and I'm in for the tragic ending?
maybemole
Young scout

Post by maybemole »

Oh cool, I've been scrabbling around the internet trying to figure out how to finish that little Zeal scenario, thank you!

P.S Now will Loren 2 start from scratch with everyone or do we move our save game over? I've been curious about this.