Character Creation Guide

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Legendzerox
Young scout

Re: Character Creation Guide

Post by Legendzerox »

That was against enemies Elenore was strong against. I was sure and gave my frontline fights different weapons so my force would be good against any opponent.
draxshared
Young scout

Post by draxshared »

I'm looking for some information so I can make meaningful choices during character creation. I thought this thread would be a good place to put such information.

I'd like to know the formula for HP and SP growth per level, per strength-point chosen at creation, and per strength-point as you level. How does class affect this?
Edit: At hard difficulty I've figured the warriors start with 80hp. Thieves start with 79hp. Both get a one-off +5 hp per point of strength increase both at character creation and level-ups.
Level up give warrior +5hp and thief +4hp as a constant. It does not give 5hp per str (contrary to what character creation tooltip state),
Edit: Starting SP varies from standard to tactical mode. Standard Warrior 42sp. Standard Thief 24sp (I think).
Standard warriors get a one-off 1,5 SP per point of will increase. Standard Thieves get a one-off 2 SP per point of will increase (i think). Both at character creation and level-ups. At level-up standard warriors get 2sp while thieves get 4 sp as a constant.
Havent bothered fully testing the starting tactical classes, but their starting sp are substantially less.

I'd like to know the attack and damage formula, and how different classes and stats affect it.

I'd like to know how the combat-order is calculated, and how speed and delay affects it.
Edit: So far it seem one delay 12 action roughly equal two delay 6 actions, while speed influence this in a rather miniscule way (10-point difference is unnoticable in my testing, meaning armor and weapon speed-penalties can be ignored, and Saren warrior with a two-hander will deal more dps on a standard attack than a Saren thief dual wielding and critting with a thief skill).

I'd like to know if bow-speed affects melee attacks and vice versa. I noticed the "speed stat" reported in the character sheet get the accumulated penalty of both.

I'd like to know how dual-wielding affect damage, procs and modifiers of skills.

Does the thoughness skill affect future HP-growth or only HP you've allready got?
Does thoughness II give 20% on top of the +15% from the previous skill, or only +5%?

Does the stun skill deal damage?

Is the power attack skills' speed penalty cumulative?
Edit: This skill is a buff, not an attack - so not relevant. Power Attack increase strength not damage, contrary to the skill description.

I'd like a list of what the buff/debuff statuses do.
I read in the strategy and tips thread that:
Burning/Weakened reduces attack
Poisoned/dontthinkthereisanotherversion reduces crit
Frozen/Slowed reduces speed
Shattered/Frightened* reduces defense
Tired/Confused reduces magic
Are these still true?

If I may advice,
If this thread was to provide useful information to me as a noob, it would do well to start with a disclamer that almost none of the in-game info about how stats work are correct, possably because of multiple iterations.

Then it would proceed with an explanaton of how attacks are influenced by the attack-, defence-, and damage attributes, and also by skills and weapon types.

Further an explanation on how turn-order works and how it's influenced by both speed(-100) and delay, that basic attacks have a delay of 6 or 8 and that the game only report so in combat,

At some point it would do well to mention all details of level-ups, like HP and SP and whatever other mechanics that are influenced by the str, skill and will attributes at both creation and level up.

I really hope someone on this forum knows something about this, because even after in-game experimentation, hours of googling and reading the entire Battle tips & tricks thread I'm still clueless. :)
Last edited by draxshared on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Delay is reduced/increased for every 15 points of speed above/below 100.
Strength and Will give a fixed amount of HP and SP per point independent of level.
Class determines how many points of HP and SP you gain per level.

Here is the source code for the derive method that calculates all secondary stats:

Code: Select all

def derive(self):
            #set HP based on Class & Level
            if self.charClass==Warrior:
                self.att["HP"] = 75+int(self.att["Strength"] * 5+self.level*5)
            elif self.charClass==Thief:
                self.att["HP"] = 75+int(self.att["Strength"] * 5+self.level*4)
            else:
                self.att["HP"] = 75+int(self.att["Strength"] * 5+self.level*3)
            #set SP based on Class
                self.att["SP"] = 40+int(self.att["Will"] * 1.5 )+self.level*2
                self.att["SP"] = 20+int(self.att["Will"] * 2)+self.level*4
            else:
                self.att["SP"] = int(self.att["Will"] * 3)+self.level*6
            if tactics==True:
                self.att["SP"] =int (0.8*self.att["SP"])
            self.hp = self.att["HP"]
            self.sp = self.att["SP"]
            #set Attack based on Class
                self.att["Attack"] = int(self.att["Strength"] + (self.att["Skill"]/2.0))
                self.att["Attack"] = int(self.att["Skill"] + (self.att["Strength"]/2.0))
            else:
                self.att["Attack"] = int(self.att["Will"] + (self.att["Skill"]/2.0))
            #set Defense based on Skill+Will 
            self.att["Defense"] = int(self.att["Skill"]/2.5 + self.att["Will"]/3.0+self.level*1.5)
            #set Magic based on Will+Skill
            self.att["Magic"] = int(((self.att["Will"] + (self.att["Skill"]/2.0))*0.75)*2) + 15
            self.att["Speed"] = int(self.att["Skill"] * self.charClass.cSpeed) + 100
            self.att["Threshold"] = int(self.att["Strength"] * self.charClass.cThreshold)
            self.att["SPRegen"] = 1+int(self.getValue("Will")/25.0)

#self.att["Attack"] = int(self.att["Strength"] + (self.att["Skill"]/2.0))
            #self.att["Resistance"] = self.charClass.cResistance
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
draxshared
Young scout

Post by draxshared »

Anima_ wrote:Delay is reduced/increased for every 15 points of speed above/below 100. -snip-
Thanks a million! :)

Follow-up question:
I believe I read there is a minimum delay no matter the speed. If so, what is it?
Is the delay reduced by 1 per 15 speed over 100, or by some fraction? If the latter, what is it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, I dug the code for the wait function:

def getWait(self, pSkill):
            wait = pSkill.cWait - round((self.getValue("Speed")-100)/pSkill.cThreshold)
            if wait > pSkill.cMinWait:
                return wait
            return pSkill.cMinWait
The default values are:
cMinWait = 1
cThreshold = 15
draxshared
Young scout

Post by draxshared »

jack1974 wrote:Well, I dug the code for the wait function:

def getWait(self, pSkill):
            wait = pSkill.cWait - round((self.getValue("Speed")-100)/pSkill.cThreshold)
            if wait > pSkill.cMinWait:
                return wait
            return pSkill.cMinWait
The default values are:
cMinWait = 1
cThreshold = 15
Thanks again! I feel bad to bother you devs with this, but it really helps :)
This would mean every 15 speed above 100 acually reduce delay by a whole point, which is really powerful.
Karanthir
Young scout

Post by Karanthir »

I'm asking here. What is max lvl? Game said, that 30 is max, but my Chambara have 31 lvl.