Did anyone else wanted to romance Dora?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Did you wanted to Romance Dora?

You may select 1 option

View results

DarkWolf
Druid

Did anyone else wanted to romance Dora?

Post by DarkWolf »

I didn't see anyone else talk about it but I thought I couldn't be the only one, I mean come on people she is super cute. Also romancing a female dwarf is something that would be very original as as far as I know it has never been done before. I was completely pursuing her romance in a first playtrough until half a way in a game I figured out I never had a chance with her from the beginning :cry: . So what do you think about it?
kadakithis
Druid

Re: Did anyone else wanted to romance Dora?

Post by kadakithis »

I love dwarves and would love, love to romance a female dwarf, but Dora really came off as a kid to me. It was really weird for me with ramas because not only her face and looks made her seem like a kid, but she was pretty immature and often acted like a child. I would have romanced ramas with Saren but Dora is a little too young.

A little side note,in one of my favorite books David Copperfeild, the protagonist marries his crush named Dora who isn't underage, so much as she acts like a little girl and he calls her his "child wife". This anoys him, but he accepts it eventually. I couldn't help associating the two with the name and all.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In any case, I don't want to risk doing romance with too young looking people. So you can have this for fun of course but rest assured you'll never romance anything with the looks of Dora (or even a male dwarf) in any of my games :mrgreen:
Maybe a male dwarf WITH BEARD, OK, then that shouldn't leave any doubts about the fact that's not a underage character but a fantasy dwarf! :lol:
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:In any case, I don't want to risk doing romance with too young looking people. So you can have this for fun of course but rest assured you'll never romance anything with the looks of Dora (or even a male dwarf) in any of my games :mrgreen:
Maybe a male dwarf WITH BEARD, OK, then that shouldn't leave any doubts about the fact that's not a underage character but a fantasy dwarf! :lol:
I am not really sure what you mean risk, even if a character really ware underage and not just young looking there is noting wrong with doing underage romance story, and if it is animated there is no legal risk even if you go for something more "exposing", true as you don't make that type of games don't see why would you even be consored about it.

kadakithis wrote:I love dwarves and would love, love to romance a female dwarf, but Dora really came off as a kid to me. It was really weird for me with ramas because not only her face and looks made her seem like a kid, but she was pretty immature and often acted like a child. I would have romanced ramas with Saren but Dora is a little too young.

A little side note,in one of my favorite books David Copperfeild, the protagonist marries his crush named Dora who isn't underage, so much as she acts like a little girl and he calls her his "child wife". This anoys him, but he accepts it eventually. I couldn't help associating the two with the name and all.
I agree except in my case I thought that her acting a bit immature and being young looking are only parts of her charm.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. If there's an underage looking character in a romance, you could get your app banned permanently from Google/itunes for example (same probably on Steam). I've done my research. Besides I don't want to do such things myself, so even if it was possible I wouldn't do that.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. If there's an underage looking character in a romance, you could get your app banned permanently from Google/itunes for example (same probably on Steam). I've done my research. Besides I don't want to do such things myself, so even if it was possible I wouldn't do that.
Steam does have lots of VNs recently out of witch most include underage romance, half of them even have patches with can add underage H-scenes.
Off-course you simply being against it is a different story, I do realize that a big part of charm of being an indie developer is freedom to make your games as you want and I respect that.
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

NO, played too many fantasy RPGs, female dwarves (even the shapely-blonde-with-blue-eyes ones) are NOT my type.

Hey Jack, try THIS for Dora next time :wink: .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes drawn like that would be fine. But it's because of style I think - drawing it painted style you can add more details and make clear she is a dwarf, with manga style art is too hard (even the adult seems teenagers!).
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

One person did it by making their dwarves normally and then the being smaller size. So dwarf Loren would just be a smaller picture of Loren next to a larger character. But yeah manga style is hard to make dwarves look their age, although your choose your own adventure seemed to do well with the two dwarves.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but still you can't romance the two dwarves of Cursed Lands :mrgreen: