Game crashing.

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
TigreBleu74
Young scout

Game crashing.

Post by TigreBleu74 »

Hello,

I recently purchased Loren The Amazon Princess for Mac OSX, and I ran through the first three chapters in roughly two days of intensive playing. Love the game so far, except that now, it crashes and causes a lot of problems.

Everything worked until I got the message that Chapter 4 was up ahead and that I had to complete other tasks before moving on. After that, the game crashed on multiple occasions, at various moments (twice it crashed when I went in Camp mode, the other time it happened when I entered the ruins in the upper left corner of the map). And it didn't only crashed, it actually froze my computer, forcing me to shut it off holding the I/O power button. Every time, it took multiple reboots to get the computer running again, a process that took well over 30 minutes each time, as the computer would freeze or crash again on boot. Third time required me to spend over an hour rebooting.

Any idea what could cause the problem? When I restarted my computer, other apps were stable and the computer never crashed. Now I'm afraid to play again in fear it will freeze my computer again and I won't be able to reboot. Too bad, for I was playing Elenor and was romancing every girl (with 5 hears) but Myrth.

Also worth mentioning, there is a bug issue with the Castle background image at the Citadel. The bug happens when the party returns for the first time to the Citadel after saving Karen and go to the castle to meet Mythr. There is no background, and instead a message saying "Image 'bg' can't take parameters 'castle int'. (Perhaps you got the name wrong?)" appears in red over a black background. This same bug also returns at the beginning of chapter 3.

The Castle background image displayed properly in previous scenes.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Game crashing.

Post by jack1974 »

What you describe it seems to be an issue of an older version, what version number you see in the main menu?
TigreBleu74
Young scout

Post by TigreBleu74 »

Looking in the finder: version 1.2.9.

That said, my laptop eventually froze using other applications, until it died. So it could've been a logic board issued. Still, better be safe then sorry, so I won't try to run Loren until you confirm I have the latest version.

By the way, I'm currently using a new Mac laptop (which I bought used an hour and a half ago). I just switched the hard drive from my old laptop into this new one, and everything seems to be working fine so far, which seems to support the idea the freezing issue was the result of a dying logic board to begin with.

Also, what about the missing 'Castle' background? Could it be because I'm running an old version, too?

Thanks for the support so far!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the latest version is the 1.3.4, so you need to redownload it (old saves should work). How did you get that old one by the way ? Not from my site, since in the game page I have all download links pointing to the new 1.3.4 :)
TigreBleu74
Young scout

Post by TigreBleu74 »

I actually tried to play the game before updating, now certain that my dying Mac was the source of the problem, and indeed, te game ran smoothly and didn't crashed nor froze at all. I made the update yesterday and all things still good. I noticed a couple of differences from the earlier version (like using a click-and-click instead of drag-and-drop method for character assignment in a party, for instance). Since I haven't gone back to the Castle since, I can only assume the background issue has been fixed with this new version.

As far as I remember, I downloaded all the demos I had interest in from this very website a couple of weeks ago. Only started playing a few days ago, though, being too busy with the job. It's possible I got the Loren demo from another website, though, but I can't remember doing that. Since my memory is not especially accurate, I could be mistaken...

By the way, will future updates include more suggestive content? I bought the game knowing the sex scenes weren't very explicit—when well written, the journey's more exciting than the destination anyway—, but I could sure enjoy something a little more . . . steamy! The destination still counts a bit, I guess. :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am hoping I won't do UPDATES to THIS game! :) Since was finished in 2012, and I can't add new content. But if you refer future games, depends, I'll try whenever possible, since in many cases it's not just what I want, but also if the artist are up to it.
I can say that most seems available to draw more sexy stuff though 8)
TigreBleu74
Young scout

Post by TigreBleu74 »

Bad news for Loren updates, but I understand: it's a 2012 game, LoL.

Good news for possible future games featuring a little more sexy stuff. Anyway, for those who want more explicit stuff, there's a bazillion of games out there (lots of them visual novels, but still).

It's not that I want raunchy stuff, but for instance, the pic of naked Loren in the water would've been a bit more interesting if she wasn't wearing a thong. ;)

Anyway, great job on the overall content, art, story, game system. This game rocks! :)