favorite art style

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

which art style do you prefer?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

Solvus
Young scout

Re: favorite art style

Post by Solvus »

So Jack, the artist for Heileen(Rebecca Gunter I believe), is that person still going to do art for what of your future games? I really like her style, it's refreshing :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sadly she's SUPER MEGA BUSY nowadays. It was already a stretch that she managed to make Heileen 3 art. I keep trying to bribe-ahem, convince her to work on next games but while I'm not excluding it, is not really much likely. She can also do animations, so we talked about a medieval RPG with lots of animations, isometric battles like Suikoden, etc. But for now is just an idea and depends on how her regular job (webcomics) goes :oops:
If I could go back in time I would do everything to keep her, but it was bad timing, I was just starting and then she found those other jobs.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Wow my favorite game series is Suikoden!! I would love that
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I played the first game on the glorious PSX YEARS ago, but didn't manage to play any of the more recent games, but basically yes, having a big party/roster + isometric battlefield was really great :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

If you only played the first then you miss out on the second which was by far the best! In public opinion I loved them all.
But if you did a game like that I would cry with joy I miss Suikoden and any game like it would be GREAT!!!! :)
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

jack1974 wrote:Sadly she's SUPER MEGA BUSY nowadays. It was already a stretch that she managed to make Heileen 3 art. I keep trying to bribe-ahem, convince her to work on next games but while I'm not excluding it, is not really much likely. She can also do animations, so we talked about a medieval RPG with lots of animations, isometric battles like Suikoden, etc. But for now is just an idea and depends on how her regular job (webcomics) goes :oops:
If I could go back in time I would do everything to keep her, but it was bad timing, I was just starting and then she found those other jobs.
:oops: (ultra sadness) :cry:
Um does she have an art page or do you have a link of her works, I'd like to support/see her other works too...somehow
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Here's her tumblr: http://soaps.tumblr.com/
feel free to send her intimidat- ahem, friendly messages telling her that she should go back working for me fulltime for the GREATER GOOD !!! :mrgreen:
WWfan45
Young scout

Post by WWfan45 »

My main criteria for art is related to nose and lip size, relative to eye size; I don't care for the former being of reptilian thinness and the latter saucer-like. So I suppose that means I prefer a synthesis of Manga and Western. I liked Planet Stronghold's style quite a bit (I mention this because I consider it a form of synthesis as well), with my only major complaint being that I'd like Joshua to look a little more masculine. Also, I could live without the headband.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes one of the things I should do in next games character design is to have the males look more masculine. Even if I'm sure that will disappoint a bit the yaoi fans :wink:
Rinvee
Young scout

Post by Rinvee »

I like variety. Cinders was breathtaking, but I would never wish to play every game with the same art :D Since I'm reading manga&comic/watching anime&cartoons I'm quite used to it, and enjoying it greatly ;).

Can I go offtopic? Pretty please? :D YES, PLEASE REMOVE THAT PIECE OF CLOTHING FROM JOSHUA HEAD! It's always making me think of "fighting!" and japanese students...