Estimate release dates of next games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Estimate release dates of next games

Post by Franka »

Now I'm going to sound like... I don't know what, but... I always thought a MILF is simply an attractive "older" woman, while a cougar is an "older" woman who aggressively seeks younger sexual partners.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Franka wrote:Now I'm going to sound like... I don't know what, but... I always thought a MILF is simply an attractive "older" woman, while a cougar is an "older" woman who aggressively seeks younger sexual partners.

That too, but there is an age gap also. Isn't adding new stuff too.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Pace675 wrote:
Franka wrote:Now I'm going to sound like... I don't know what, but... I always thought a MILF is simply an attractive "older" woman, while a cougar is an "older" woman who aggressively seeks younger sexual partners.
Doesn't make any sense to me, but I'd rather you be the expert on MILFs and cougars than me, so I won't press the point. :lol:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Franka wrote:
Pace675 wrote:
Doesn't make any sense to me, but I'd rather you be the expert on MILFs and cougars than me, so I won't press the point. :lol:
Ouch! That left marks!

I walked into that didn't I?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today's update:
- increased Roger Steel since writer told me he's writing the romance scenes + final boss fights etc. So basically it's almost done (there's still "Arthur version" to make, but like with Loren, will be mostly tweaks during the dialogues).
- as Miakoda posted earlier today, Love Bites is at 40% writing :)
- lastly I increased Amber's coding by 5% since I made some good progresses lately
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Hooray! I'm actually gotten interested in Roger Steel and I'm glad to see that Amber is coming along just fine.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today's update is about Roger Steel writing. Fen it's almost done with Ann's story, and like with Loren, Arthur's story will reuse most dialogues except the romance/dialogue scenes, so should "only" add a few thousands words more :lol:
More art has been done as well.
For Amber, Aleema is coding the scenes. There was a small issue with writing, since it was originally written in "first person past tense" and the result wasn't good, so it's being edited to be present tense. This should only be a minor delay (a month max).

Lastly since we are at end of year this is what in THEORY I should be doing the next:
1st Quarter 2017: finish Amber and maybe even Love Bites
2nd Quarter 2017: work on Undead Lily (maybe the story will be done by then). In any case I plan to do the RPG/rules design, since I can do that independently from the writing
3rd Quarter 2017: depending how it goes, work on Planet Stronghold 2
4th Quarter 2017: probably finish one of the two between Undead Lily and Planet Stronghold 2. I honestly don't think I'll finish BOTH next year, but they should be both at good point (so the one I won't finish, should be ready the year after).

Also, I am getting writing done for a couple more games. But it's just the writing, as sort of "safety net" in case the bigger games gets delayed (possible). In practice, if after finish all the games in the work, I have nothing to do, I can finish one of those other (unannounced) games, so I am almost sure to never repeat a year like 2015 again (when I didn't release anything! lol).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

:yahoo: We're gonna have Amber up in the next few months!!!!

...Gotta ask, though (and I don't mean to sound impatient; I'm just confused since neither were mentioned)--About when will we see Loren 2, as well as the Dingirra game?
As always if I'm going too far tell me so I know to back off.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Loren 2 is still unknown to me, I probably need to take some decisions in next months depending how things go. The main plot is done, but that's only half of the job, since there are all the romance/sidequests to do. Then, in theory, I should also be using the new RPG framework, but it's not ready yet.
Basically both writer and coder (Anima) are behind with that game. I could of course do something already, but I prefer to wait until all writing/art/coding is done before I start working on a game, otherwise there's the risk that I work, and then I have to wait anyway XYZ months, and it's not good to me.

I might ask one of the new "fast writers" to work on the other story (the one with the "old gang") so at least that part could be out sooner :)

The Dingirra game is going well but it's still not fully written and is still missing art (just to say one: ALL the romance CG are still missing).

There are so many things going on behind the scenes (usually problems leading to delays haha)... not just for me, but if you check other indies they usually do 1 game a year or even 2-3 years :lol: that's why I was very surprised when this year I managed to release 5 games!!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Will we get to see any character art preview for Roger Steel sometime soon? Also not to be inpatient as I am looking forward to all other games you said will be working on next year but just curious, if story for Roger Steel is already nearly done why do you not expect for it to be next year?