My games on iOS

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Pace675
Druid

Re: My games on iOS

Post by Pace675 »

SerTabris wrote:I don't like using things like that; I prefer that nobody else have my data. On the bright side, I tried it again, and it worked this time for some reason. No idea what happened - maybe the backup it makes when I push 'Sync' is different than actually clicking the 'Backup' button? Oh well.

Meh I am the same way; but Apple does the Icloud even without consent (Read the ELUA) If you (and you said you did) Sync then guess what it is on the cloud. (Unless you synced to a computer that has NO internet connection) As for the latter. I can only speculate....depends on settings.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Unfortunately I really have no clue :( I don't even do the iOS ports myself, I use an external programmer. I know that on Android if you change device all your saves are lost, unless you manually backup them using tools like filemanager etc. I think it's a Ren'Py limitation, or something :lol:
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

Is there a way to skip through dialogue (like for scenes you're repeating) on the iOS versions? I know that the standard way to do this on a PC is to hold Ctrl, but I don't see an iOS analogue to that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The only way is to go in the options and click the "begin skipping" button there. In some games I have added a skip button in the GUI but only the recent ones.
Hachini990
Young scout

Post by Hachini990 »

Can you tell me which games have yuri romance options? I find the lack of girl-on-girl relationships in ios games disturbing so I was really pleased to find yours but I'm only interested in playing the yuri ones. A list would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Check this page: http://www.winterwolves.com/ios_games.php
you can click GxG textbutton on top to filter the display so only games with GxG romance will be shown :)
Shifty
Young scout

Post by Shifty »

Are the mobile ports supposed to be a whole bunch cheaper than the desktop versions? The mobile version of Queen of Thieves is about half the price of the desktop version in the Canadian appstore.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's correct, for two reasons:
1) on mobile people are used to much cheaper games. Indeed my games are considered "very expensive" by many mobile users :lol: I found a compromise between the crazy low mobile game prices (most games are max $4.99) and the desktop ones.
2) in general the experience is much better on desktop. On mobile the screen is smaller, and Ren'Py runs slower. For example the RPG fights are much much slower (of course depends on the hardware). There's no cloud save support or anything, so if you change phone you lose all progresses (another limitation of Ren'Py) while on desktop thanks to Steam cloud saves for example your saves are "safe", and so on.