ultimate romance poll!

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what kind of romance you'd like to see / play ?

You may select up to 8 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: ultimate romance poll!

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the results might be a bit skewed because indeed I've released many yuri games already. Anyway I'm going to vary a bit in future, though yuri is one of my favorite gender combos, so... :wink:
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

P_Tigras wrote:
This sums up my own thoughts almost perfectly. As an M, and more specifically a purely straight M, I'm perfectly fine playing either an M or an F, but I'm considerably more interested in experimenting with MF or FF relationships than I am with FM options.

Romances with unstable bad boys like Mesphit don't interest me in the least. I didn't care for Amukiki's hyper-competitive desire to prove his Alphaness either. My gal didn't have a phallis and thus wasn't the least bit interested in finding out whose was bigger. The only FM romance I enjoyed fully playing out in Loren was the one with Rae, and that was because I very quickly recognized that his shield of arrogance stemmed from fear, a fear that if he were to give his heart away it would get cut to pieces. Over time Rei demonstrated his feelings towards my elven gal in ways that were both fun and useful when words got him into trouble. So I was able to warm up to him. And once he grew relaxed enough to let go of his fears, his arrogant act disappeared, making for a quality relationship all around.

Since Draco and Riley of SOTW have been mentioned as well, I'll say that I'd probably have gone for Riley had he been a FM option for Althea, but Draco was too much of an irresponsible child. As Elenor I wanted to mother him, not romance him.

Thus I suspect that men when they play as women often look at male romance prospects differently than women do when they play women. Inversely, I suspect that women who play men often look at female romance prospects differently than men who play men. And this explains why FM isn't very popular among men and MF isn't very popular among women. Those romances are usually written with the other sex's perspective in mind, and if you're straight tend to cause you to switch your identification from the protagonist to the love interest for the romance.

I have nothing against any of the other nontraditional relationship types presented in the poll, and I consider diversity a good thing overall, but it is highly unlikely that I will play them. I'm wired the way I'm wired and I have no motivation to try anything that doesn't align with my wiring.
Yeah I am a F that is purely gay, and one reason i like Winterwolves Yuri content is this isn't nearly as much trouble as in other games when yuri is designed solely for male players to the point that I just don't feel the characters are real options. Loren, Karen, chambarra, Chalassa and the others they are more like real characters, and make me think yeah these could totally be gay women than just women who are designed to make their orientation more like a fetish?

I play as men and women, but I can't be a man romancing a woman, the dynamic is too weird for me, and maybe why I find it hard to romance guys as women too. Women are like A in a relationship and men are like B, and with my life I make the first move or they do. The trash is full so I will take it out but since you are going outside, you take it out. I am more dominant today because of something and I want to take care of her, but sometimes I am hurting, and she will protect me then. I am even more Butch than most.

I also play gay men when I do play dudes, maybe because less of that dynamic thing. Although I didn't like Draco or Riley much. It felt like the plot wanted to treat them like kids and whump on them a bit too much, and who wants to be their lover's mother/big sister? I kept wanting to tell them to grow up a bit before getting a relationship. They felt less like feminine gay guys I have known, and more like how many straight girls imagine gay guys to be like. I liked the equal bearing between Amunkiki and Saren. That was the kind of rivals to lovers I can understand vs we hate each other lets have sex I usually see. He was actually pretty up there romance wise to me, and Mesphit and (though I never was going to romance him) Rei are the bad boys/jerks I never get are so popular.

So yeah, totally different views depending on sexuality.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Yep, fantasies designed to appeal predominately to one sex often come across to the other sex (or anyone who doesn't find them titillating) as incredibly unrealistic, to the point of inducing eye-rolling. lol. Personally, I prefer fictional characters to have vibrant, engaging, but realistic personalities that they stay true to, personalities that don't change just because the author desires to scratch a particular itch by forcing them into a specific situation. While personalities can evolve over time, that development needs to be organic and reasonable, a result of the events they've lived through.

You mentioned "less of a dynamic", am I correct in inferring that it's the lack of culturally designated relationship roles for each partner that you find interesting? ie. there is no overused formula that film writers and fiction authors have foisted upon us as the way things should be?

Just as a quick example, in a hetero relationship the man is always supposed to be taller than the woman. He is supposed to be the protector and the chief bread-earner. If he isn't than it appears "odd" to many, and cutting remarks are often made which can create difficulties in all but the strongest relationships. In a same-sex relationship, it doesn't matter which partner is taller, who is the protector or chief bread-earner, it can be either or both depending on the day. There are no such cultural expectations regarding relationship roles. Is this the sort of thing you're talking about? While I don't mind the traditional tropes, I do find stories that break those traditional tropes especially entertaining and refreshing.

One of the things I find interesting about the Saren-Loren relationship is that she's the better swordsman (or is that swordswoman?) than he is, even if he is a warrior, while he's more of a healer. Nevertheless I admit to being a tad surprised that while for most of the game he appeared a hair shorter and only a hair broader than her, suddenly in the romance cgi he appears much larger and manhandles her in a more traditional sort of romance pose.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I just wanted to add that my prior comments on Riley were preliminary. I haven't yet had time to get past the 1st season in SOTW. If he's anywhere near as immature as Draco, than that wouldn't work for me either even if he were available for Althea as well.

The difference between Mesphit and Rei to me is that Rei's issues, irritating as they are, are of the sort that can be fixed in a handful of days during the very beginning of a relationship, before it gets serious, while Mesphits issues would take an entire lifetime to surmount, and even that's questionable given the strength of his demonic urge to kill and cannibalize.

Rei on the other hand isn't nearly as damaged, nor is he as bad as he initially sounds. The key is recognizing the difference between a truly arrogant person and a person who acts arrogant as a defense. And to his credit, Rei ditches the arrogant act once he realizes it's not only unnecessary but hurting the person he cares about. I suppose a lot of this has to do with my own experiences, as I knew a guy like Rei in RL who changed for the better after meeting and falling in love with the right gal, a gal who treated him well and made it clear to him early on that she expected him to treat her equally well if he wanted her to stick around.
asskika
Young scout

Post by asskika »

heya
i tried most of the games overall: lorenRPG is the best :mrgreen:
SOTW takes place in the same amazing word so it comes 2nd
PSCD totally different but great
bionic heart and roommates r nothing like the above but not bad
so keep up the good work tho just one thing disappointed me: romance
don't get me wrong the game would be dull without it but i mean the options u have
i'm a male so i should be able to choose from the girls but i find this one not into men heck?! and this one not available for no reason
ex: galina in PSCD and chalassa in SOTW :cry:
that's y i can say loren the amazon princess is your master piece 8)
so just one request in your future games make the gay or lesbain things i don't care :roll: but plz don't forget the normal romance thx a lot for your amazing games :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Galina in PSCD will be available for romance in the DLC.
edit: OK I understood what you mean, was hard to understand by how you wrote. Yes in future games I'll have again more straight male romances, which in recent titles were left a bit behind vs the rest :)
asskika
Young scout

Post by asskika »

wow u replied instantly one more reason to like your pack xD
and sorry English is my second language and this is my 1st time to join forum system
plz hurry up can't wait for the DLC and loren 2!!!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

asskika wrote: so just one request in your future games make the gay or lesbain things i don't care :roll: but plz don't forget the normal romance thx a lot for your amazing games :)
I think that for the most part there is an ok balance between the 4 types of romance when there are both male and female protagonist, if anything some games might be leaning more toward Strait romance then Homosexual (Like Roommates 1:3), witch I find weird considering that in every romance pool on the forum shows that G x G is what Winter Wolf's fans like the most. But yes if we are talking about male VS female protagonist then there are more games that have only female protagonist but that doesn't seem to be what you are complaining about.
asskika
Young scout

Post by asskika »

in every romance pool on the forum shows that G x G is what Winter Wolf's fans like the most.
i agree from the poll i see that G x G is quite popular i don't mind it either but i'm happy that the straight B x G is the second most popular
the thing is i play as a male and i only care for girls so it pains me to see that i can't romance with some like (chassala in SOTW - karen in loren - lafleur in PS) it's okay in some games cuz u have more to choose from but not in SOTW for example cuz if u r a male the only girl available is grimme
but i'm not really complainig i'm just saying my point of view and i saw the romance graph in both loren2 and PS2 and they r both perfect
i just hope the DLC of PSCD comes out already :( :(
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

asskika wrote:
in every romance pool on the forum shows that G x G is what Winter Wolf's fans like the most.
i agree from the poll i see that G x G is quite popular i don't mind it either but i'm happy that the straight B x G is the second most popular
the thing is i play as a male and i only care for girls so it pains me to see that i can't romance with some like (chassala in SOTW - karen in loren - lafleur in PS) it's okay in some games cuz u have more to choose from but not in SOTW for example cuz if u r a male the only girl available is grimme
but i'm not really complainig i'm just saying my point of view and i saw the romance graph in both loren2 and PS2 and they r both perfect
i just hope the DLC of PSCD comes out already :( :(
Krimm is the best romance of SOTW, no need to feel sad for not romancing Chalassa.
But in Loren we got the short end of the stick, Myrth is one of the most boring character every and Karen is a hell of a Milf.
In PS I shall always be partial to Rebecca, don't care about the others, but I can understand why someone would want to romance Michelle.