beta reading thread

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

beta reading thread

Post by jack1974 »

Sometimes, I would like to get some EARLY feedback on writing of some of my unannounced games. Not the WHOLE script of course! Just the introduction, to see if people like the writing style, since for me it's hard to know, not being a native English speaker.
It will probably be 1-2 pages (about 1-2k words max) to read.
Also, being "beta", means that the story could change quite a lot (usually it's just a first draft).

Anyways, if someone is interested, I have one of those (fantasy RPG) to read :P Just post in this thread and I'll email you (using the email you used to register in this forum).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: beta reading thread

Post by Troyen »

I guess I could. Do you have any specific types of feedback you want people to focus on?

(Also, this is totally a tangent, but I noticed a lot of your writers seem afraid of the ?. Many questions are denoted with a period instead, too many to list out, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's a UK/US style difference?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well just to know if writing is good, I think for the story is a bit too early to say :)
About the ?, I agree. I find it weird too! (I would put more question marks too)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

I would be glad to help if it is just the intro, as I hate to spoil the games, so I tend not to beta test. I know one thing, dialogue is key, it must seem natural and flow well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes no worries, no big spoiler :) I'll send it to you by email then! thanks
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Depends, my free times vary, so I can not say I would be the most expeditious person reviewing also, March will be exceptionally busy for me, but hey I am game.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I'd gladly look into this.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I got a LOT of requests, so no worries. Bob will send it to you but maybe tomorrow (now is late).