Amber's shop improvement ideas

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: Amber's shop improvement ideas

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I know an observatory was suggested but what about an orrey or an astrolabe. There's also faerie crystals that you can use to summon faeries to help you out or if you want you could add something like magical clockwork items and rooms.

You could also do an elemental summoning room where you can summon elementals to help you out.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes there are many possibilities but they also need to be reflected in the crafting. Right now for example I have no way to increase the quality of a created item from an external event (so even a room), so I haven't planned anything related to that. If in future the feature is added, I can add a room :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

How about personal skills that can help Amber run a shop?

Bargain: Get better prices off ingredients, and/or sell items at higher prices

Gathering: Shortens the time needed to gather ingredients, and/or better chances of finding valuable/rare ingredients.

Space Management: Optimize space to better store items, whether displayed at the shop or tucked away for storage.

Ingredient Efficiency: Use fewer ingredients to make a item or make more items with the same number of ingredients

Shelf Layout: A better organized store will help customers find what they want more quickly. Putting attractive items in key locations can also help in impulse purchases, making them buy more than what they originally intended.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks, those are interesting. I'm not sure if I'll have time (or even just layout space lol) to add them, but is a cool suggestion!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I feel like an architect! :lol:
brainstorming with artists how to make the various shop building parts. It's going to RULE, honestly! :o 8)
Celia814
Young scout

Post by Celia814 »

What about a library? It could be used to discover new spells or potions which could be improved in a lab. Also a small kitchen could be used as a refresh area that could lead to energy regeneration.
Also you could have a meditation area that would allow for random effects such as new spell ideas, extra energy or small negative effects like getting distracted and losing progress or falling asleep so you lose time but do not gain any benefits.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes library is already in the list (actually it's already done, the first room). For regaining energy I have the bedroom, since <ahem> it's also used quite many times in the story for other activities... :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Yes library is already in the list (actually it's already done, the first room). For regaining energy I have the bedroom, since <ahem> it's also used quite many times in the story for other activities... :mrgreen:
Oh, is that where we get our Dragon Mucus?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol! Well to be honest, the icon image is a bit ambiguous :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the works on the roof are almost complete! :o :mrgreen: