Sneak Preview #17: So... where were we?

A steampunk RPG
MarSel
Druid

Re: Sneak Preview #17: So... where were we?

Post by MarSel »

Much better indeed. She even has very pretty eyes
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Fen is a maniac of "particular eyes". All the girls have uncommon eye colors, even if Svetlana is a more classic blue eyes. Even if I think people might be "distracted" by something else and look down... :twisted: :twisted:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yeah, nice pockets. What does she keep in them?

:wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Top secret russian documents! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I asked feedback to some artist friends and they suggested to have colored eyebrows (not for all characters, Anja is good for example. But for Svetlana, etc).
Remember that this is just a retouch I made MYSELF. So it's not official art. I just made it to see if it would look better this way?
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 pm I asked feedback to some artist friends and they suggested to have colored eyebrows (not for all characters, Anja is good for example. But for Svetlana, etc).
Remember that this is just a retouch I made MYSELF. So it's not official art. I just made it to see if it would look better this way?
Huh? wait what? She has eyes? :shock: :mrgreen: Sorry I was distracted!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I guess doesn't matter that much then :lol:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

It makes sense to have the eyebrows the same as the hair but depends if she is a natual redhead. Since I don't know many people that dye their eyebrows
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Svetlana's face looks odd. If she were any other character I wouldnt say something, but she's supposed to be THE sexy readhead and her eyes look small, her eyebrows are even smaller(that's not how eyebrows work) and her tiny nose is looks pointed in the wrong direction. She also looks a bit ... lumpy...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Eyes could be considered small for manga style. Otherwise, they're OK. PSCD characters had similarly sized eyes. I just did a fun experiment and in photoshop put a semi-transparent layer overlay of one of the original character reference, and the eyes shapes matches, are almost identical.
So if those are small, even real human eyes are small :mrgreen: (at least that model)

For manga style, yes of course (exaggerated big eyes it's a classic trait of it).

After this game I'll go back making only games with "classic manga art style" though. At least nobody complains about it :lol: I don't want to make names but several of my past games artists made enormous anatomical mistakes, and nobody seemed to notice/care, so I think it's really an issue whenever the art tries to be sligtly more realistic (either painted or through other ways like this). So, not worth the trouble for me :)