SOTW 0.79 - First Act Beta preview!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 0.7 - First Story Act Beta!

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, is a bug in the quests (I rewrote the quest function shortly before the beta and voilà!).
Regarding the attributes I'm still investigating, maybe they're assigned but not displayed. For example, the hit points correctly increase, so they MUST be assigned, but in the character screen they're not displayed correctly. Yes I am 99% sure that is just a display problem.
Will upload 0.71 later today anyway :oops:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

quest:
Spoiler:
pelt thieves
bug: http://imgur.com/a/XVLSv

Do I need to keep posting these? :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

new kind of error msg (I'm not spoiler tagging anymore beware)

when looting the goblin camp and going for the watchtower, I got 3 error messages in a row. I reloaded and it kept happening. now I've checked all places oyu can loot and reloaded and now I don't get the error msg anymore. don't have a screenshot, was gonna take after checking all the places :(

actually I managed to reproduce it now somewhat, although I got 2 msgs now and previously 3

http://imgur.com/a/FAQeE

and yes it's the same msg twice, though 1 sequence happened between, and I didn't get a dagger but a potion
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good, was about to upload 0.71, will check also those last errors :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I think I understand why the game is named the way it is... :P

Okay, now for this. When I'm doing the jobs posted at the tavern, Vaelis is with me as I for example negotiate with the ratmen. I didn't attack those. Now I am hunting the spider and he is "with" me in the sense that he talks but I don't have him for the battles. I had him in the previous chapter, not now anymore (current story quest is to check out the tents). It's obviously weird if nothing else.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 0.71 - First Act Beta preview!

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes there's that point where he splits, I am unsure if to keep that since can have lots of repercussions in the sidequests, depending when you do them (they can be done anytime). I think the easiest solution is simply to not have him leave, otherwise I should do a check if he's in the party every time he speaks :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I am already thinking of what party setup to use for hard and nightmare and I obviously can't build one where both the twins wanna be in the back row if I can't always have him tank for them, so yeah I want to have him around always :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Will check the plot and see what can be done, maybe will just "connect" the part so he never leaves. Uploaded version 0.71 btw with all the fixes!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

0.71: During char creation: I gave the player char points, then went to the sibling, then went back: I could no longer assign points. (Though if I went back to class selection, the choices were reset.)

Edit: typo: Select Shea trait. (Shea is Ranger): There is the line "Her father Morran became more and more worried". Gender-confusion?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Yessss, that's what I was saying earlier :P see I'm not mad!

Anyway new error. This happened sometime after whatshisface subdued me. The slaver. Swirlything.

http://i.imgur.com/X3FLevC.jpg

However no ignore button this time. Is it simply the end of the season?

(0.70 btw, intending to upgrade once I've beaten normal :P)

happens in 0.71 too when I load that save