SOTW 0.79 - First Act Beta preview!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 0.79 - First Act Beta preview!

Post by jack1974 »

Found the code I use for auto-attributes:

Code: Select all

if self.charClass==Warrior:
                    i = NonUniformRandom([("Strength",4),("Will",1),("Skill",2),("Agility",2),("Arcane",2),("Constitution",4)])
                elif self.charClass==Thief:
                    i = NonUniformRandom([("Strength",1),("Will",2),("Skill",4),("Agility",4),("Arcane",2),("Constitution",2)])
                else:
                    i = NonUniformRandom([("Strength",1),("Will",4),("Skill",2),("Agility",2),("Arcane",4),("Constitution",2)])
The higher the number after the attributes, the more likely is to get picked. Maybe I need to use a even higher scale... :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Mmm...

Well this obviously doesn't affect me but what. I never take arcane on rangers and hunters. I might take a little will though. Also strength 1 for hunter? Skill 4? This is like assigning them numbers based on how well they should fit the class (given their names) and not how the stats actually help them. Why would you take defense over offense for a backrower :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Makes sense, will change that so Strength on Thief has higher priority.
Almost done with 0.8 - good news, the stat derivation is removed completely! The hunter kicks asses now 8)
Bad news, old savegames AREN'T compatible :oops:
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

The fact that Hunters can stealth and then fire a crit shot that deals 600% damage is awesome.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Maybe a bit too powerful :lol: but anyway I'm uploading 0.8 now so that will play very differently now, without stat-derivation. I'll probably start a new thread since many considerations made here won't work anymore because is a new system (actually is the same system as Loren, but well is new for this game! :oops:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Started a new thread. I'll keep this one as a memento for me, for when I had the foolish idea to use a derived system to decide the stats of the enemies! But of course please post in the new one about version 0.8
Live and learn :mrgreen: