about this game

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

about this game

Post by jack1974 »

So since I've now officially spilled the beans in today's blog post: blog/2014/02/what-is-c14-dating/
I guess is time to make a subforum for this specific game. The title is still temporary, though personally I like it :)
The user sleepykitten in this forum is the writer, and Deji is the illustrator (she worked for me on the Flower Shop series) together with Sandra who did the background for Nicole and Roommates. Arowana is doing the gameplay coding instead.
Of course the release is still several months away (I don't want to put pressure on them!) but thought to open the forums anyway!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: about this game

Post by Miakoda »

And coming up shortly, the art thread :D
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

C14 finally getting an official reveal! HYPE! *throws streamers and confetti*
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

And weirdly, the chemical engineer part of me keeps seeing it as C-14 ;)

More seriously, I know it is a bit early, but if you don't mind sleepykitten, would you mind letting us know what led to a story with archeology as a setting? I would find it fascinating.

And for the record, I do love the picture Jack1974 has up on the blog post:

I like the idea of a game where someone would have to roll up their sleeves and get dirty :)
Last edited by Miakoda on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Deji's art ... *nosebleed*

Hey, I've actually been an amateur archaeologist! This is VERY COOL. (I can also answer archaeology questions.)

"C-14 Dating" is a bit clunky. Maybe "C-14 Romance" or "Discovery in C-14" or something. "Dating" in your title makes it sound cheap, lol. :lol:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Aleema wrote:Deji's art ... *nosebleed*
And I can't help but notice the improvement as well (hope this comment is taken well). Just look at the illustrations from the Fairbrook series to the ones she's working on.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh she's aware of the improvements she made, I told her several times, she's not offended! About the name suggestions thanks, I know sleepykitten reads the forums so maybe she'll like some of Aleema's suggestions :)
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Yea, I'm aware, hence it being a tentative title. I might make a poll later to decide the title once I hear more suggestions and the like. ^_^v I've gotten"Digging You" "The Dig" "Unearthing Love" "Love In Ruins" "Adventures in Archaeology" "Caved/Caving In" etc, and even "Dirty Minds" "Down and Dirty". XD

I picked C-14 Dating as the code name for now since it's the most recognized dating method (as opposed to absolute dating, potassium–argon dating, etc) so if people didn't know what "C-14 Dating" meant, they could at least assume there was romance due to the 'dating' part. :lol:

As for the setting, I've worked at an excavation site in Europe and wanted to convey my love of archaeology somehow. =)
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

"Digging You" omg, that's the best.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

True but will it get permission on US market? They are so narrow minded on these topics :D

Nice artwork though :-) I'll wait for the yuri version then to enjoy it ;-)

And if the game is about Belgium you should include a scene with these awesome belgian chocolates. They are just the best :-D (and every girl likes chocolate ;-) ). I can advise you on the flavour-part ;-)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters