about this game

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
SholtoMaru
Young scout

Re: about this game

Post by SholtoMaru »

jack1974 wrote:
Miakoda wrote:
Maelora wrote:Bear in mind in your Roommates poll, the fans voted overwhelmingly in favour of preferring the gay option...
Although I don't think they would be such runaway hits if there had been more than one love interest :D
Yes the statistical value is somewhat screwed by having only 1 gay romance in that game. If you check Loren's, is more balanced. But anyway, I know what users want so don't worry. I am still planning some yuri/yaoi only games in future as soon as I'm done with current batch of games!

I know myself and many others would love a yaoi only game. I always play the BxB options first. I blame you all for designing such compelling male characters!! (Don't worry, your female characters are wonderful, too!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) will do my best to do some cool yuri/yaoi only games in near future!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

The final title will obviously be up to you all, but only speaking for myself, I would find myself drawn to looking at something with a title like C-14: Love in Ruins, or C-14: Digging You.

Guess I'm saying I would definitely like to see you keep C-14 somehow in the title, and one of the other appellations you came up with :D
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

I'm happy to see games that give us a choice, and Winter Wolves do this better than anyone else out there, even Bioware.

And personally, I like the archaeology pun on 'Dating'! :)

Not a big fan of 'romantic friendships' though. That's 'gay-lite', and it happens waaaay too often in games and series.

Will this one have a proper GxG relationship version later (like Nicole) or will it just be 'friendships' a la Heileen?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No will have a proper GxG, the friendship thing is only in the otome version as bonus/secret route.
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

I'm including it because I'm actually in a romantic friendship with the artist working on the game. ^_^; So it's something we both wanted to convey together. (I'm sorry it's gaylite and not proper, it wasn't my intention. =< )

As for the 'friendships' in Heileen... It's been so long, but if I recall correctly, the artist wasn't comfortable drawing the female characters kissing or engaging in intimacy. (But Heileen did love Juliet and/or Ebele romantically.)

And Spirited Heart 2 had that incident where we lost the original artist because he wasn't comfortable drawing female sprites for a yuri game. ><; Fortunately, Riva hired Deji and she's comfortable with drawing GxG.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

thesleepykitten wrote:I'm including it because I'm actually in a romantic friendship with the artist working on the game. ^_^; So it's something we both wanted to convey together. (I'm sorry it's gaylite and not proper, it wasn't my intention. =< )
I think it's cute :) I can understand if people want to wait to play a "proper" GxG version of the game though.
thesleepykitten wrote: As for the 'friendships' in Heileen... It's been so long, but if I recall correctly, the artist wasn't comfortable drawing the female characters kissing or engaging in intimacy. (But Heileen did love Juliet and/or Ebele romantically.)
Yep, exactly. She was fine drawing sexy girls, but not kissing ones :lol:
thesleepykitten wrote: And Spirited Heart 2 had that incident where we lost the original artist because he wasn't comfortable drawing female sprites for a yuri game. ><; Fortunately, Riva hired Deji and she's comfortable with drawing GxG.
Luckily there's Deji to save the day! Haha I remember when I had that news I was pretty desperate... redoing all the art from scratch :oops:
DejiNyucu
Young scout

Post by DejiNyucu »

Hey, C-14 artist here.
thesleepykitten wrote:(I'm sorry it's gaylite and not proper, it wasn't my intention. =< )
You don't apologise for that ¬¬
And Spirited Heart 2 had that incident where we lost the original artist because he wasn't comfortable drawing female sprites for a yuri game. ><; Fortunately, Riva hired Deji and she's comfortable with drawing GxG.
I must make clear, though, that all the GxG (and BxG, for that matter) in both C-14 AND SH2 will be tame and sweet, not passionate and sexy. Think The Flower Shop and Winter in Fairbrook, both games I illustrated. Kitty and I believe that romantic love does not need to be sexual in nature and that's what we plan to convey on the games we work on together.

If you'd rather play a sexier game, feel free to play one of the other WW games illustrated by other artists that have plenty of sexy stuff =P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yep is good to have something for all tastes :)
But I think what Maelora meant was something different, not super sexy CG images. In Heileen, the lesbian relationships were really more friendship, not even kissing the person. I understand completely romantic relationship, but in Heileen there wasn't even that. There weren't two girls kissing, holding hands, hugging, conforting each other, etc etc.

So as you said, CG images like the one you did for Flower Shop but with two females (or two males since there's also BxB :mrgreen:) are absolutely fine and I think is what Maelora wanted when she asked :)
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Mm, there'll still be tons of kisses in the romantic friendship. ~_^

That's what I enjoy about WW games - not only the LGBT-friendly content (and we're striving to include more. Even this otome game, despite focusing on GxB, has a variety of characters and relationships) but also the writers, artists, and coders here. I've had the pleasure to meet/talk/become friends with them, and we got a number of people with different orientations (straight, bi, pan, asexual), backgrounds and from different locations. (US, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, Chile, Italy, etc.)

It's totally okay to not be interested in a type of game or relationship within the game. So this won't be directed at anyone, but remember there's people behind these games, probably engaged in the very relationships we're writing about. Let's do our best to be respectful regarding all type of relationships (romantic, romantic friendship, queerplatonic... and Amber's Magic Shop will even feature a polyamorous route if one so desires.)

(haha yet another reason why I wanted the hidden route to be hidden, was worried people would consider romantic friendship not a proper GxG ^_^; Oh boy, really didn't anticipate the focus on the hidden route, so I apologize (SORRY DEJI I'M CANADIAN) if the route disappointed people. There's a lot of hand-holding and kissing involved, just like all the other routes. =) )

And no worries, Maelora, it wasn't your intention. I didn't mention I was in a romantic friendship... with the artist, lol. XD