C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
Oniyuri
Young scout

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.3 beta !

Post by Oniyuri »

No problem :)

I've just started my third playthrough.

A few typos:
Spoiler:
  • "The whole time I awkwardly stood at the edge of a group, or wandered around, unable to join in conversation." -> "The whole time I awkwardly stood at the edge of a group, or wandered around, unable to join in a conversation."
  • "I finally will be working in the cave." -> "I will finally be working in the cave." (maybe?)
Here are the parts from the conversation with Augustin that I mentioned (in case these are typos):
Spoiler:
  • "Looks like silly cave bear got eaten by smart hyena or lion." -> "Looks like a silly cave bear got eaten by a smart hyena or lion."
  • "We have collections going back to 80's." -> "We have collections going back to the 80's."
  • "We are still fitting pieces found decades apart." -> "We are still fitting pieces that were found decades apart." (maybe?)
  • "You aware of popular movie with an archaeologist who carries whip?" -> "Are you aware of a popular movie with an archaeologist who carries a whip?"
  • "Because of that movie, many kids were inspired and explored region, pretending to find treasure." -> "Because of that movie, many kids were inspired and explored the region, pretending to find treasure."
  • "Silly kids stumble on cave here." -> "Silly kids stumbled on the cave here."
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Im not sure if Augustin is supposed to speak perfect English. I was actually conscious of how perfect everyone's English was even though it was their second language, but I've never been to Europe so maybe they do very well with it.
Baalka
Young scout

Post by Baalka »

Agreed with Onyuri, some puzzles can't be solved without trial and error or hints, which can be off-putting.

An exemple with "trowel" where I got an alternate solution even with hints.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Baalka on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I will ask the writer. If there were more hints, would be more reasonable ? or maybe is the grid size that is too big?
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Hey Jack. Didnt you replace "Trowel" with the bone picture already? It's not an issue if you already removed the puzzle from the game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes you're right. I think I replaced it, though I didn't had time to replay the game to check :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Spoke with writer, she made the bone easier to solve but didn't replace the trowel :) She sent me another version though, she said:
I redid the trowel , puzzle 10. - it used to be 15x15 so I made it 10x10. It looks uglier, but it should be easier to solve.
Once I do a new update will be easier :) if anyone has a save just before that puzzle to send me, would be good since I could test here before updating!
Baalka
Young scout

Post by Baalka »

[link edited by mod]

This one should be the day before that puzzle appears, if I'm not mistaken.

I just finished my first playthrough, really had a blast. All the characters are interesting... And I expect Hendrik to enjoy a fair success :)

The french read a bit strange at times, I don't know if you had someone to proof-read it or if it was intentionnal ? I only took a couple notes, where more complete sentences were used :
Spoiler:
Joan's route :

after picking "lab" with Chantal and joan :
Chantal : "Joan, tu-aime le lab maintenant ?" would be "Joan, tu aimes le labo maintenant ?"

Ending :
Chantal : "Joan. Je m'occupe de la préparation des aliments. Demandez à votre moment romantique avec Melissa."
The first part is strange in the sense that "aliments" is usually used to designated precisely unprepared food. "de la nourriture" would sound better. More natural would be "Je m'occupe de préparer la nourriture.". As for the second sentence, it reads almost like Google Translate ? I'd suggest "Propose ton moment romantique à Melissa."

later :
Joan : "... la puissance de fromage" would be "... la puissance du fromage".
If you think those should be rewritten, I can try to catch as much as I can as I'll do a couple more plays.

Thank you!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the file (removed the URL) and the French corrections. I need to ask the writer, don't know if she asked someone who knows the language or not :)
Baalka
Young scout

Post by Baalka »

If not, they can send me the french lines for review if you believe I'd do a good job of it, I'm a native french speaker (to say it all, I'm from Liège. The game was pretty fun on that regard. :D).