Steam testing

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Steam testing

Post by jack1974 »

Anyone who played the game and knows it well want to help me test the Steam version ? let me know!
(of course only people who bought the game, I'll check the email! :wink:)
Pace675
Druid

Re: Steam testing

Post by Pace675 »

Lol Nuuuuu you just want me to solve that 15x15 cave puzzzle :P
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Were you going to fix the double solution on the final cave puzzle (part 1)?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uhm you mean that the puzzle can be solved in two different ways? or something else? if makes things easier for sure will keep as it is, since is a big puzzle.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Yeah, there are two solutions for the puzzle, but the game only allows you to pick one of them and it's pretty frustrating to figure out why it doesn't let you proceed if you came up with the "wrong" one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I see, well for now I'll leave as it is but I can always do an update later :) (I need to ask writer whenever I want to change one of those).
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

I don't really know where to post this, and it isn't something that requires a new thread for. I was browsing through steam today, and noticed that C-14 Dating is amongst the popular new releases! Whereas I think you mentioned that PSCD didn't make it. So, I feel it's more or less confirmed that it really is an art issue. :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Weird, I don't see it here! Maybe it was only a few hours, while I was asleep :lol:
Anyway yeah, the art was the issue. I am honestly banging my head on a wall thinking that PSCD might have done MUCH better with another art style, since despite it, is still doing OK. Well, live and learn!
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Weird, I don't see it here! Maybe it was only a few hours, while I was asleep :lol:
Anyway yeah, the art was the issue. I am honestly banging my head on a wall thinking that PSCD might have done MUCH better with another art style, since despite it, is still doing OK. Well, live and learn!
Well if you are feeling frisky and risky you could commission an alternate art pack al la Hanako and see if that makes the sales figures more to your liking?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It has been suggested already but now is too late, Hanako did that BEFORE the game release. If I had done that too... but now doesn't make sense. Better to just remember the lesson for future games :)