Steam testing

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Steam testing

Post by jack1974 »

I have started doing the Steam testing, which will be version 1.0.5 (once is tested will also update the version on my website of course).
So far it's just me and Miakoda (who I will never be able to thank for all her help!) testing, but while nothing SHOULD be different from the version 1.0.4 (apart new Ren'Py library version) I think is wise to do a bit more testing before releasing :mrgreen:
If anyone wants to give a try, of course those who bought the game already and know it well, it would be appreciated (I have a limited number of codes).
If I can get it tested well I might even DARE to release it next week :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Steam testing

Post by Franka »

I should have time to do a run or two through the game some time during the weekend.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool will send you an email :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Just one thing, this is an old bug. Playing as Diana, in the Alex side mission, your units aren't upgraded (because you're using a fixed deck). They really should be.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, I can't fix this one since depends on the engine, so I have no clue how to do it... and I'm not going to touch it myself just before Steam release, since (by Murphy's law) will add 3120980312 more obscure bugs. I will try to update it in future though :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I can't play Assault on Matrick guest units in Allied King Igneous mission. What restrictions have you set on the card?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I had put organic/robotic, but I can change it so it won't work only on buildings/walls :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

That's what the card says anyway. :wink:

Played through as Diana, tested all NPC side missions, all fights leading to the three alien endings, and everything worked fine.

Achievements unlocked as they should, except for Knighting, Solidarity and Thank You, which for some reason were already unlocked in game and had to be synced to unlock in Steam. I should have already unlocked far more achievements than those if it used the old game files, and they shouldn't have been there if the Steam copy started over (before syncing). In any case, it probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't played the game already, so no big deal.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool awesome, thanks for testing. I might consider a next week release for real then :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just released it on Steam. Once I get the keys will make them available to redeem for existing customers from my usual site http://bestanimegames.com/steam/ :)