development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Good question, but if I allowed it, would be considered a threesome? :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

meanwhile another fight on the ship is coded, featuring a new kind of enemy called "Draugh" which is a vampire exposed to dark magic. Something really bad. But it's going to be nothing compared to the very final boss of this sidequest... I'm going to have another Kraken battle in memory of SOTW! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

behold the KRAKEN! :P
Haha it has become almost a signature of my fantasy RPGs: each must have a battle with the Kraken lol
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

here's the Kraken!!! :o 8)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Can I romance the KRAKEN?!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but only if you play as boat. He'll hug you immediately as you can see from the image above :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since this battle is entirely optional, I made it very hard even in Normal mode. But it also gives some super loot as you can see (in particular for the two Nagas...) :o

With this I have coded everything in my possibilities now! I need to wait for the writer to get back to me with several texts/scenes, but the bulk of the second chapter is finished (I'd say 60-70% of it). It has probably the biggest amount of content (though some is optional, so it could be done even in the third and last chapter).

I'll see what to focus on in the next days/weeks, maybe finish Love Bites stuff, or start planning PS2 since that's another game I really would like to finish next :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Spoke with the writer and we agreed that he should focus on writing the main storyline, while I'll write some more camp talk scenes and in particular the nagas storyline, since I have in mind some specific stuff for them (folklore, culture etc). Also since there are the rescue missions to do, I'll code them as I write them to gain even more time.
Of course I'm still going to use the help of a good writer/editor (in this case SilverHyena who wrote Heirs & Graces) who will check everything before releasing the new beta.
Anyway this is what you get when I'm in charge:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There will be some more serious moments of course, but I'm having too much fun writing Sylrissa character. I think she will probably be one of my favorites of this game :)
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

The answer is obvious! :D Sylrissa is definitely my favorite character shown so far so im looking forward to meeting her, get that snek love.