Progress Report

A supernatural-themed dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/lovebites.htm
Exizel
Woods ranger

Re: Progress Report

Post by Exizel »

mmm....that text is weird, I know what you are tryng to say because of what I know of the game, but if I play it blind I wouldn't understand.

"That choice will influence the romance option inside the game" is the type of thing you say when you mean that some characters are availaible to one sex only.

So one part tell you that you access to all LI and the other can be seen as the contrary.

Something like "Brandon and Kaitlyn have access to all LI but the romance will be different depending on who you choose" would be better.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I'll ask Miakoda to proofread/edit all the text I put in the game, it's better :lol:
What you suggested seems good, for now I'll put that :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Work in progress of the scheduler/status screen. As you can see it's a work in progress with many placeholders :) There's a specific reason why I'm using a lot of screen space for the main character on the right, you'll see... :wink:
For this game I am not planning to have a VN Mode, since the scheduler WON'T have any stat raising, and will be very simple to unlock the endings. The endings will have text variations depending on the VN choices and also the only "stats" (even if they aren't really stats, more like variables): Money, Energy and another one which I won't reveal for now since it's a spoiler :mrgreen:
The scheduler will in practice be a way to unlock some extra achievements/ending variations trying to reach certain thresholds in those 3 variables, but even if you're not familiar with dating sims with scheduler you won't have problems to reach the "standard" endings.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

The layout of this reminds me a lot of Roommates... Any possibility it will indeed be like that?

As I've been sayin for what feels like years, I've beenDYIN to see another comedy game! :mrgreen:

And if this ain't that kinda thing, I must ask (and as always not meant as an attack or anything like that) when will we see another pure comedy--from beginning to end have the player on the floor laughin--kind of a game? :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

BobTheMob wrote:The layout of this reminds me a lot of Roommates... Any possibility it will indeed be like that?
We're reusing part of scheduler from Roommates in this game.
And if this ain't that kinda thing, I must ask (and as always not meant as an attack or anything like that) when will we see another pure comedy--from beginning to end have the player on the floor laughin--kind of a game? :)
There is going to be some humor, but it is going to be more contained and appropriate to the scene.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The main gameplay file has been fully scripted, so I resumed playtesting it, and I'm at good point (past half). Here's a scene with Nick!
dog lovers (but even the others) will adore him :mrgreen: It will also be cool to see his behavior towards the player as the game story goes on, when he growls at you, or he is scared of you after certain scenes... very cool I think! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha in this game there's a lot of dark humor, like in this scene. I will finish playtesting completely the main route this week, but sadly I won't be able to post anything more related to that since it would be too spoilery. Already that image above it's quite a bit and I don't want to ruin the surprise :mrgreen:
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Post by Harbinger1975 »

Hey Jack, for this game you might want to use Def Leppard's Love Bites for the theme song XD
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha would be cool, I used to listen to that song... long time ago, when was a teenager :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 am Image
Haha in this game there's a lot of dark humor, like in this scene.
Dark humor...and a lot of it! :twisted:

Congratulations, Jack: between this game's awesome-lookin (esp. the ladies 8) ) sprites and the fact that we get distorted kindsa comedy ya've got an instant-buyer-one-the-game-is-out here!!! :twisted: :mrgreen: