Windows Mac Linux Mobile Web Forums Blog Support

"The Goalkeeper" suggestions

Play in the role of a goalkeeper

"The Goalkeeper" suggestions

Postby Renegade » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:06 pm

Match Suggestions
- Click mouse to attempt to catch the ball rather than just parrying it.
- Rebound/followup shots from some parried shots, with no break between saves.
- Parrying the ball occasionally knocks it out for a corner.
- Kicking attribute for goalkicks.
- Goalkicks and kicks from hand to be played arcade style, maybe with slider bars for power and accuracy (where a lower kicking attribute would mean it was harder to stop the slider at the right place on the bar for a good kick).
- Option to throw from hand for keepers with low kicking attribute.
- Awareness attribute to affect the "get ready" message - a higher attribute would give players more warning of a shot.
- Replace "click mouse" on the "Get ready" message with a short time for players to get ready, based on Awareness attribute. For example, awareness of 0 would mean the "Get ready" screen didn't appear at all and shots were taken with no warning, whereas a max awareness stat of 100 would mean players had a few seconds to get ready.
- Freedom to go forward for corners, take penalties, etc.

Fixture Suggestions
- International callups
- Cup matches
- More leagues, with promotion/relegation possible
- Occasional weeks without a league match (due to cup games/international games)
- Option to ask to be rested for a match instead of resting in training. This would of course mean a different keeper was played, possibly affecting a player's chances of getting back in the team for the next match.

Non-match Suggestions
- More options in interviews, with less obvious effects on management/supporters/the coach.
- Harder to break into first team as a new player to the game.
- Arcade style training that gets harder as stats increase, for example a "click mouse as soon as you see the coach wave" game to improve reflexes.
- Include pay and bonuses in a contract. There's currently no real reason for a player to move clubs.
- Purchasable equipment and kit, such as new gloves, for an extra bonus to attributes.
- Other purchasables, such as houses.
- Sponsorship deals for an income bonus.
- Option to refuse interviews or walk out if a difficult question is asked.
- Media attitude rating, to decide how the media feels towards the player, and determine the sort of questions asked. A player who refused interviews would generally get worse publicity than one who always chatted with reporters.
Renegade
Young scout

Postby jack1974 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:22 pm

Oh well!! :shock:
What can I say? thanks a lot, I have enough ideaas to do updates for the next 2 years!!!
Some of them were already discussed with testers/friends, but some are really interesting, like the awareness thing and the arcade training!
I'll try to implement those 2 things as soon as possible, they could make the game much more fun :)

Thanks again!
jack1974
Pack leader

Postby acidbomb » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:15 pm

jack1974 wrote:Oh well!! :shock:
What can I say? thanks a lot, I have enough ideaas to do updates for the next 2 years!!!
Some of them were already discussed with testers/friends, but some are really interesting, like the awareness thing and the arcade training!
I'll try to implement those 2 things as soon as possible, they could make the game much more fun :)

Thanks again!

Hey, im really waiting for a new version with some of this features. The game has begun to become a little boring and I really want value for my money ;)
acidbomb
Young scout

Postby iulius » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:31 pm

Heh poor guy, give him a break :D he just finished USM2 ...
iulius
Young scout

Postby KnockOut » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:21 pm

I agree with all of Renegade's suggestions. Yes I am bumping this thread. Internet gods have mercy on my soul but all of his suggestions are brilliant.
KnockOut
Young scout

Return to The Goalkeeper