UBM Bugs with Mac

Boxing management simulation game
Spates
Young scout

UBM Bugs with Mac

Post by Spates »

I dont know if these bug's happen on pc or not but some of the bugs I have seen are as follows:

-When you get to a certen amount of money it auto. puts you in the negitive. I had 36k+ money one month then the next month I have -36k. I looked at the records and my money's outgoing was only 600.
-When you watch the fight. You can hit the space bar to knock down your opponent. Now I dont know about you but that means we can have some one with next to nothing in the stats beat some one that has 99 through and through.
-When you watch a fight from time to time you get a glitch that wont let the fighters do anything. The timer counts down and all but thats it. When you put it in text as soon as you go to the next round the fight is over. But when you get to your main screen it shows that that fighter hasnt fought yet.
-Renewing a contract sometimes doesnt work. You get the reminder go in and renew the boxers contracts but they leave and it states that they left cuz you didnt renew there contract.
-Winning and loosing a match. I put a boxer with all his stats at 99 against one that had stats avrage around 79 with the highest of the stats being 86. The lower stat boxer won the fight. Even though everything was maxed out on my boxer including fitness and motivation.

Other things that you might want to look into changing some is the way the rankings vs stats are set up. The higher the ranking the more often you should see higher stats. Yes you do see the higher stats now but you have some boxers that are ranked in the top 10 that have endurance and stuff at 56....... Grant it it makes the game eaiser. But the game is easy as it is.. So it might be time to make it alittle harder.
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Well I can answer a few of them.

The money is a known glitch, the same happened to me and my entire game freaked out over it... he's gotta make a small change to the integer (make it a float?) and that'll hopefully be taken care of. I've been waiting to bug him about it because he's working so hard on USM 2.

I've never hit space...I'll have to see what that does on the PC version.

I think I've seen that glitch...but only like twice ever so I never really paid attention to it.

Never had a missed renewal.

Buster Douglas never should have beaten Mike Tyson...these things happen from time to time. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm going on a very short 2-days holiday today (that's all the rest I got this year, lol!) but when I get back, before finishing USM2, I promise to fix money bug and add the swimming pool ;)
The space was a cheat mode, I think I left it on only on mac by error... :oops:
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Coolies. I'm wondering if I need to send you all my files or if they'll just go back to normal after the fix... it scared me pretty good when they went nutzo lol.

Space does the same on the PC, just tried it. You should keep that in. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah well... I think I could leave the cheat in it, I remember a guy asking me if there was a cheat mode and I said "no"... :lol:
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

:P
Last edited by Ken_Goding on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

*jumps up and down like a little kid*

I spent some time and got my career at work to where I can afford the pool, but can't play any more for fear of making it freak out.

What kind of percentage increase will the pool do? I was thinking 20-25% faster training, but that might be unrealistic, dunno.