UBM ideas

Boxing management simulation game
jbrock16
Young scout

UBM ideas

Post by jbrock16 »

Hello,

First let me thank you, this is a great game, much fun and highly addictive. :D

I see somebody already mentioned my #1 most wanted update.
The search screen. I too would like to be able to search by division, but also age. Maybe not each age but how about a yr grouping. Example, a search could be for cruiser with age range of 16-20.

Here are some other ideas.

Records. I just got done aquiring a new boxer, he is 16 and already has a record of 8/0/25. Thats a lot of fights for such a young boxer. I would like to be able to choose a boxer with zero fights, that would be real cool.

Someone else mentioned the purse cut. Great Idea. Maybe also have the purse cut by win lose draw , etc, where the winner takes home the lions share.

Potential. I am always seeing boxers past there prime (35) with huge amounts of potential. Maybe the older boxers could have higher actual and less potential, while the young bucks have more potential.

Manager stats, could these slowly increase/decrease over time as you gain experience/age.

How about the ability to bulk up or slim down to change weight class w/some benefits and draw backs, This one would probably be a lot of work for you though.

Now some not important but fun stuff.

The ability to add nicknames, most boxers have them. Like "Marvelous" Marvin Haggler or "the Hitman" Tommy Hearns. Or just change a name, its kind of funny seeing someone like Colin Dowd that is from Japan. :wink: but not very realistic.

How about the ability to change the color of the boxers outfit. It would be cool to have all your boxers in your stable with the same color, or all different.

and last, how about having your boxer in his or her color outfit on the actual fight screen, instead of always blue, the opposing boxer could be different too.

Thanks, and again, great game.

jbrock16
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the suggestions!
Yes the search screen really need some restyling, I agree. As soon as I find some time (doing the Magic Stones update now, and working on USM2) I'll do that for sure on next update!
About the other features, if I remember well the manager skills should go up/down with time already... if not, I'll add that too :)
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I've been thinking about what I want hehe... A thought for training which may or may not be a good idea. How about large one-time buys that have lasting effects. A swimming pool came to mind for me, like it would help more for strength, endurance, and stamina but not the other stuff so much, and have a small upkeep for cleaning etc. You keep it up, they use it... if they can swim of course.

Also I thought maybe an easy, medium, and hard setting would make it more fun for some people. All you'd need to do is give each setting a different amount of available skills as a manager, and maybe an extra boost on luck for the beginner.

I'll keep thinking :lol:
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Ok got a little more to say. First a comment: It appears that guys not managed by me don't do a whole lot, it seems kind of a waste. Tonight I was able to steal a #6 boxer from his manager and pulverize 5 and 1 to take the title without breaking a sweat. Looking at his stuff though, he hadn't done anything for months before then.

Now that I've got him at the top, I'd like him to gain a few pounds. He's so good that I think he could be at the top at least a couple weight classes up from where he is now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I'll have to make a bit more difficult to "steal" boxers from other managers. As you said in another post, a selectable difficulty level would be good!

The gainig pounds thing seems interesting, didn't thought about this possibility. I'll try to add this too to the game soon (first I want to fix the other bugs you found though!).