Nicole 1.0.3

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Nicole 1.0.3

Post by jack1974 »

Another small update, thanks again to Otterface for spotting that new bug:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/Nicole-1.0.3-all.zip

- I tweaked the endings so that you need to have Clues 999 BUT also have seen the last mystery scene. This bug was introduced in 1.0.2 when I decided to remove the deadline of 21st December, so that if you had already the requisites you'd get an ending sooner
wccrawford
Young scout

Re: Nicole 1.0.3

Post by wccrawford »

Okay, so I just played through Jeff's game. In November, I had 999 clues, 950+ Wit, and 100% relationship. I got the 'normal Jeff ending', and then it went back to the menu.

What did I do wrong that I didn't get the special ending?

Also, I updated to 1.0.3 earlier, so I know that's updated.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You need to unlock all the mystery scenes, in the last one Nicole discovers a key location, where the ending scene also takes place. So in practice even with the right values you need to have seen that scene.
wccrawford
Young scout

Post by wccrawford »

That's the scene where she
Spoiler:
goes into the abandoned building and wanders around, and finds the room with the bolted-down furniture?
I'm 99% sure I saw that scene on this playthrough. (I definitely saw it previously, obviously.)

And my game ends on the day in the screenshot, Nov 27. Shouldn't I be given more time to see that scene if I've missed it? My understanding was that I needed to reach the requirements before December in order to get the best ending, which I did. (Excepting possibly the final mystery scene.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, there's no possibility of mistake about the conditions: since I didn't touch that code. So you MUST have seen that scene in the same playthrough to unlock the special ending. So if you see only the normal, you must have missed that scene.
But you know what, I think I'm going to revert back to the old system, putting the deadline back to the 21st December, because is better than people have to skip some days when they have reached the prerequisites than having them miss scenes.
For now you can play the "old version" that is on my site that uses that system, since the changes were only minor tweaks and a few typos, but I think that if you reload that savegame you can see the special ending now (since in version 1.0 I have the 21st December deadline).
wccrawford
Young scout

Post by wccrawford »

Thanks. I see you've updated to 1.0.4. I'll try that one and see what happens.

If I still don't get the ending, I've got a slightly older save that I can get to the end fairly quickly, I think... And I'll make sure I see that scene on the way.

And worst come to worst, I'll replay from scratch again, starting my clue hunting just a bit earlier. I probably started a bit late.

Thanks for the quick replies and updates!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, yes if you can test the 1.0.4 is better indeed :) I only changed the deadline value, the rest is identical to the 1.0.3