Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
grey_duck
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.6.7

Post by grey_duck »

I've run into two combat-related bugs:
1. I have Sylrassa with Cross Cut (expert) but it displays and (I think) calculates as Cross Cut (novice)
Spoiler:
2. Dasyra can cast Nature's Touch while paralyzed
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, the first is a bug for sure - I actually think happens for all skills, it automatically picks the lowest one (instead of the highest one as it should!). Regarding Nature's Touch is not a bug, I decided to allow players to use some defensive skills (even Nuala can use her healing skills while paralyzed). This to limit the power of the paralyze condition which was too strong before. I probably forgot to update the skill description texts though :)

edit: actually no, luckily the first bug happens only on a few skills like that one. Will update the game after I checked them all ! thanks
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I also crashed the game once by choosing "continue" instead of "go to level up" at the end of my third arena battle when I had a character (maybe Vaeril?) who had leveled up. But I did a rollback, spent the attribute point and moved on. Nor have I been able to reproduce the "you can choose to continue without spending attribute and skill points" bug. If I can manage reproduce it I'll post the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah strange. You can go on without spending attributes, but skill points must be spent (otherwise the continue button is disabled).
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

There seems to be some funny math going on with the shops. For example, right now I have a reputation of 46 at the Citadel. If I go to, say, sell some padded armor (value 100 gold, sells for 50 gold), I get the full 100 gold when I sell it. Assuming reputation affects vendor prices, this could just mean that it's not displaying the reputation-modified sale price.

Similarly, I've seen items for sale that have the "not enough gold" icon on them, but that I can afford. Again, if reputation affects prices, reputation may be influencing the cost, but not being used in whatever logic check determines whether to show the "not enough gold" icon. See below:
Spoiler:
Anyway, sorry if I'm being nit-picky. As a hobbyist programmer, I tend to zero in on the math/logic bugs.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No worries it's good to be nit-picking :)
The sell is actually OK, it was like that even in other games. Reputation would only affect at which price you buy the item, not sell. I could change it though if makes more sense.
But yes it's wrong the amount, should always be half-price!
As for the other bug, yes the gold value used to calculate if to display the "not enough gold" item doesn't take into account the reputation as it should instead!
Will fix it on next update :) thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've fixed the inventory prices and also added a highlighted text in the skill description for all skills which can be used while paralyzed (mostly the defensive/healing skills).
I'm waiting to do an update in case I get more bugs reported though :)
grey_duck
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.6.8

Post by grey_duck »

Is there any reason the Mac version would have different bugs than the PC version? I've been playing it on Windows, but I also have a Mac I can play it on if it would help with the testing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well thanks to the game being made in python, there should be no difference between any OS (even Linux). If there are bugs are due to Ren'Py so not my own code. But if you want to try on mac you're welcome :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just made a small update, details in first post :)

Also please be patient, this seems a small update but once the writer sends me all the events up to the second full moon, all the scenes I have already coded (Camp talk, sidequests, etc) will unlock. In practice after that a good amount of the whole story (like 50-60%) will be available at once :mrgreen: