Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by SpectralTime »

I... don't know how to feel about a lack of Rumi Kai and her cute little braids, but hey. Alien girl. Whoo!

...Hope it's a girl, or, at least, vaguely feminine in its hermaphroditic androgyny. Sorry to be shallow. I'm not even going to pretend to be sad that Cliff swapped sexuality between games.

And Shiler having more than one pose would be a good thing too. Just sayin'.

And... well, with the eyes, he honestly looks even more like a less-tan Tom, though the fact that Soot shares his grin takes the edge off. The beluga whale keychain is also a nice touch. Guess he's the kinda guy who likes cute stuff...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Milo was definitely made on purpose to attract more female players to the game, since I have to honestly admit that the first one was very male-oriented! Only in the party, 3 cute girls vs only 1 decent boy, Tom and the rest... ahem, Bellamy, Philipp, Jacob... :mrgreen:
The alien is definitely female, here's a sketch:
I think is very cute and I can imagine very interesting romantic CG scenes with her... but I don't like the ears, while my artist loves them :lol:
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

I would have thought the ladies found Jacob at least pretty good looking. I was a little surprised he WASN'T a love interest. But, hey. If he does not come in female form, I can't complain.

I do like Lakadema's appearance well enough, though she does seem to be the "stereotypical shy one." Again, can't complain, especially not with those tattoos. Yowza!

...Didn't even see the ears til you mentioned them, but now I cannot unsee them. Curses! At least she has sufficiently inhuman lips and eyes.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well to be honest someone asked me about a romance with Jacob, so yes it wasn't too bad :)
Lakadema indeed IS shy, because of the history of her race, always hunted/sought because of the special powers. They possess the unique skill of teleporting, so as you can imagine will be very useful in a large scale war like the one that is happening in the second episode. The Empire enslaved her, while the Marada are more friendly.
Beside was missing a shy character in the game - Rebecca is not shy, Rumi is a bit weird but not shy at all, and Michelle... :lol:
Kukalie
Young scout

Post by Kukalie »

Joshua can't have s/s romance? O_o I like Lakademas desing especially her eyes but personally I would have liked male alien for change :lol:
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I think the female alien is unique and very nice looking.
sweetdreams
Young scout

Post by sweetdreams »

so what happened to the rebel leader for lisa? :S
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

They couldn't hold together a relationship and broke up. Which, I assume, is what happened with Josh and Cliff. That or plot-event-removing-Cliff's-homosexuality.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Kukalie wrote:Joshua can't have s/s romance? O_o I like Lakademas desing especially her eyes but personally I would have liked male alien for change :lol:
Argh yes, I knew was missing something... in theory Lakadema should have been more gender neutral. But I like her/his how it is... :lol: in the game "she" will be a sort of... ahem, hermaphrodite so she isn't really a woman though :oops:
SpectralTime wrote:They couldn't hold together a relationship and broke up. Which, I assume, is what happened with Josh and Cliff. That or plot-event-removing-Cliff's-homosexuality.
Yes, Damien will still be present but because of the circumstances they're just friend and nothing more. Similarly with Joshua/Cliff. For Lisa/Cliff there's a specific event in the new story that let's you unlock the romance between them :mrgreen:

I know had to sacrifice something but was hard to make everyone's happy without making 15 CGs!!! The game has already 2 more than the original one 8)
Kukalie
Young scout

Post by Kukalie »

jack1974 wrote: Argh yes, I knew was missing something... in theory Lakadema should have been more gender neutral. But I like her/his how it is... :lol: in the game "she" will be a sort of... ahem, hermaphrodite so she isn't really a woman though :oops:
Looks woman enough for me to see her such despite what.....umm extra parts she might have :lol: Makes Lakademas romance interesting for both Lisa and Joshua I suppose :lol: