NEW version 1.4 (much easier!)

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

NEW version 1.4 (much easier!)

Post by jack1974 »

I just uploaded a new version. No big changes, except:
- a new Super Easy mode, which adds 100Hp to the starting amount for each team member!! I really think that with this change everyone should be able to win the battles
- a "try again the battle" option when you get the game over, so you can retry the last battle if you died! something I should have done already long time ago!
- a better tutorial, split in shorter sentences. I think it reads better now
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: NEW version 1.4 (much easier!)

Post by jack1974 »

Ahem, the version 1.4 had some bugs, because I updated to the latest version of Ren'Py library. Sorry about that, I just uploaded version 1.4b that fixes the crash while displaying some items in the inventory, and a bug in Tom's romance subplot.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

And now version 1.4c is live as well, which fixes a crash at end of the game. The crash happens after you win the final battle, so there's only the short Epilogue left to see. I had put that code to allow player to continue using the characters in the sequel but then I decided to abandon the idea (but forgot to remove the code!). Sorry about that again!
Quitch
Young scout

Post by Quitch »

How about a download link in these posts ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah the download is still the same :) When I do a new update of an existing game I never change the download URLs otherwise is a mess to change all the links pointing to the official downloads. So they're the same as before!
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Post by Moonstruck Muse »

Hi Jack,

Can you remind me how to get the latest version if we have bought the game? I can't seem to find an email I saved other than the BMT micro receipt, so I don't know if I deleted a link I need, or if there is somewhere we can download it otherwise that I am missing.

Of course I can email you with the receipt, I just figured that I would post and ask here before doing so. :)

Thanks!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You only need to download the demo from my site: http://winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm install it, and in the game main menu click buy now and enter your purchase email.
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Hey,

I don't know if you want to know about minor bugs we find, but I've found a couple tiny graphical things while playing since the update.

One is that, in the lower screen during battles, Michelle's portrait overlaps her %aggro bar slightly, and in Phillip's one, his %aggro bar overlaps his HP and SP bars. I haven't noticed anything major with the others. Some characters are centered a bit differently, like Michelle's picture/bars are all closer together than Fox's, but those aren't as noticeable.

I also noticed that if a character has 100% aggro, the other(s) will still have 1% aggro on their bars. Sometimes this happens with other amounts too, but mostly when one bar is very high. (So I have also seen it when Michelle had about 87% aggro, then Nelson had 13%, Fox had 1%, and Phillip had 7%.)

Loving the game; the update was a good excuse to pick it up again. Makes one excited for the sequel! As I said, these are tiny things that don't hinder gameplay, but I thought I would at least mention them in case you wanted to know.

Thanks for updating the game though; it's always nice to see a game still getting fixed or updated after release, instead of being dropped.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the report, since I've decided to ask Aleema to change the romance endings (to better match the upcoming sequel later this year) when I get to do that will surely also check the small mistakes you found 8)
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Jack, if we see dialogue errors in the game, do you want us to report them to you? The writing for the game is absolutely superb! But with this much dialogue, there are some mistakes here and there, and I would be happy to correct what ones I see and send them to you. If you want to leave them as is, I understand.