Version 1.03 Bug

A space strategy macromanagement game with turnbased battles.
Songbird
Young scout

Version 1.03 Bug

Post by Songbird »

Other than one bug (really just stumbled upon), version 1.03 is great:-)

Here is the bug: If on the faction (red/blue) you decide to go back to the main menu and click "main menu", the game registers the click as your team choice as well. Then head over to the tutorial and select a training option and... the game will crash. I re-created this crash twice, and have the "application error" data for both crashes as well as the debug data.

Post here or send an e-mail as to where to upload the reports to if you would like them- they are too large to post in the forum.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Version 1.03 Bug

Post by jack1974 »

Going to work on this, also I got a bug report by email yesterday:
While playing yesterday, I built up a large and rather diverse fleet. When I loaded up the saved game this afternoon, I discovered that about 1/4 of my fleet had had their graphics changed to that of the basic Blood Legion scout.
going to do some tests here, if anyone experienced the same bug let me know :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok found both bugs and fixed them! sorry about this, apparently I forgot to save the custom ship configurations... old savegames won't work since the ship config wasn't saved, so you would see an empty ship (even if with right custom name).
I've re-uploaded the fixed version on my sites, I didn't change version number since are really 2 minor fixes! thanks for the quick feedback on this.
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

wow
haven't had much time to play the new version. But, wow. Thanks, I'm very honored you actually used some of my suggestions. I think I'm going to have to dedicate an entire day to playing it so i can see all the changes. I also tried out summer session, not sure what i think of that. I take it that's by a different company?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the changes are quite a lot and your suggestions were quite good :)

Summer Session is a very different kind of game ... I made it in collaboration with Hanako Games. Sometimes need to make "lighter" stuff otherwise my brain could burn out! :cry:
wolfdaddy2002
Young scout

Post by wolfdaddy2002 »

Well, I'll post my thoughts on summer session in that section. I can think of a few improvements, and i do like that gene, and i know what you mean about working on lighter stuff. I have to do the same.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah well, after 8-9 "heavy" games, I needed a break! this one actually wasn't even programmed by me :lol: but I plan to make more of those games, with historical settings, fantasy etc. One of them could be the Princess Maker game...