Love the story! really great! how do you guys do this?

Games with gameplay beside the story: raising your skills, map systems, life simulations, etc
silverfang
Young scout

Love the story! really great! how do you guys do this?

Post by silverfang »

Love the games specially "Always Remember Me" The storyline is amazing but its quite expensive but its okay, it kills the time and has a good pacing to the story, so overall its well deserving.

though I always wonder how do you guys make this kind of game? the quality is really top-notch I'd say its better than the other contenders, as well as the ones you did in "Winter In Fairbrook" Actually I'm a student and really one of the best writers in my class I'm just wondering If I want to make something like this, since its also been a hobby of mine and looks like I'm heading in this kind of field (writing) where should I start? do I need to know some software? or coding to generate this kind of games? my friend is going to help me, as my animator. I just want to seek out some help since I really love what your doing to the people who loves this kind of story and hopefully I can share my stories as well ;)

Thank you~
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Love the story! really great! how do you guys do this?

Post by jack1974 »

I don't have time to go into the details but I'd recommend to visit lemmasoft forums, is the forum of the creator of Ren'Py, the tool I use to make the games: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/index.php
The community there is helpful and will be able to answers your questions :)
silverfang
Young scout

Post by silverfang »

Thanks so much jack for the great feedback! cant will wait for the next novel!

I'll check the website and hopefully someday I could do my own VN for starters~ Thank you!
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Thanks doubly :) I didn't know of this website (and it led me to some other great games too!)

Been with you since 2009 ,and games like Love and Order, Planet Stronghold ,Loren ,and now Nicole (:o didn't mean to forget the Heileen series!) keeps me coming back for more.
I -know- WInterwolves games are the highest quality (though finding -more- great Visual Novel type games, thanks for that .
It's -so- easy to just relax when playing these