Pining for a male version...

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Pining for a male version...

Post by SpectralTime »

On the one hand, I enjoy sim games like this one. On the other hand, I could give a crap about yuri or otome.

On the other other hand... I get it. There probably wouldn't be much market for a male version. It'll never happen, and with good reason.

...But I can pine. :cry:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Pining for a male version...

Post by jack1974 »

Well, Summer Session didn't do too bad, so there's hope! Probably I need to make another game with school setting, since that setting seems to work also for males, indeed similar games like Magical Diary are getting a male version after the female one was out (fantasy lifesim). For Spirited Heart 2, I have all the art ready but obviously being the sequel is female only. Also that artist disappeared so I can't commission him the males :(
I have in mind a cool idea inspired by Persona3-4 (but without the RPG element) which might be done next year depending how other projects go. Anyway I'll be making Bionic Heart 2 and that will have both male/female protagonist.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

There is another possibility with that. You have all the males and female you need already. You could chose one from all 3 of the races from the characters already in the game. Simply put it would be the same game essentially but from the guys perspective. Only I would hope for more character interaction. I wish there was more character interaction in the first one :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the sequel will have same setup (girls x boys). The problem is that artist I used for sequel is ... not really fast :lol: so no way I can think about adding males now even if I wanted to! About the interactions, there are more scenes and more characters in the sequel :)
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

hehe Sorry I keep asking too much from you. I am curious what is your part in making the games? Plot creator? Story writer? Program Designer? Distributor? Music/ Sound effects?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've no fixed role but changes from game to game, even if usually I do the main coding/game design and in some cases write plot outlines, in other writers have more freedom, etc.
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

Very nice :) I bet you have lots of fun :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

A request should such ever be done:

Could the same female characters be in it? :)

The plot-twist backstories on those who had such were awesome! :)
Hekatontach
Young scout

Post by Hekatontach »

Have you considered giving a choice for the MC gender?
It would add a bit more art, and some of the texts would have to be altered, but probably not that much on the scale of things.
Add in a good set of variables for the labels and name, and it should work.

Is you want to expand on that, you could simply as what the MC is attracted to in the beginning, and swap out the LIs in a similar fashion.
Dum spiro spero
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's a very old game so I don't plan on updating it, but if (one day) I'll get to work on the sequel yes I could also add male MC.