Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by Lonestar51 »

OtterFace wrote:... even if the art was a bit rough around the edges.
What? I do strongly disagree!

I believe jack said the artist is no longer available, I hope Deji will be able to match the quality. What I have seen in C14 looks promising, but...

No, don't feel under pressure, Deji :evil:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You talk about the other artist who had to replace obviously... since the first game art is no match for Deji and yes, was a bit rough by the own artist admission :)
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Lonestar51 wrote:
OtterFace wrote:... even if the art was a bit rough around the edges.
What? I do strongly disagree!

I believe jack said the artist is no longer available, I hope Deji will be able to match the quality. What I have seen in C14 looks promising, but...

No, don't feel under pressure, Deji :evil:
Yeah, I was talking about the artist that worked on the game before Deji.
I still enjoyed the game and the art, mind you, but it was a bit rough compared to later WW games.
candesco
Young scout

Post by candesco »

jack1974 wrote:No no, is a sequel only because is called Spirited Heart 2. But everything starts from scratch, though there are some of the previous characters.
I don't know if "sequel" necessarily means that starts where the first ended? or otherwise how you'd call a new version of the same game but with much more improvements?
From what i've seen as player a sequel means continueing the story of the first game. If that's not the case, then it's just a second game in the same franchise.
For example: The Witcher 2 continues the events of the first one and just starts actually right after the last scene of the The Witcher. Daggerfall is the second game in the elder scrolls franchise, but comes with a new story then with Arena was the case. Same goes for third installment Morrowind, fourth one Oblivion and the fifth Skyrim as well as 2 side games Battlespire and Redguard. They all have in common that it takes places on the same continent: tamriel.
Hmm, a new version of the same game but then with improvements. Depends. Some companies just call it a next game, like EA. Think of The Sims in this case. The Sims 2 is just same as first,but then with improvements like the DNA system. Same goes for The Sims 3, which is just an improved version of the sims 2. There are others who just give it then an other name, like Gaijin entertainment. Blades of Time is actually just an improved version of X-Blades, which is in it's turn an improved version of Oniblade. And there are companies who call it then a remastered version or enhanced edition or epic edition or something like that. When CdProjekt Red released The Witcher back in 2007 it was actually a half game. Lot's of crashes, heavy fps drops and so on. So they came with a so called Enhanced Edition of it. The EE version contained fixes, polishing, some changes here and there and it came with 2 modules as an extra. Larrian did the same with Divinity II: Ego draconis with the release of Divinity II: The dragon knight saga (contains a remastered version of divinity II plus expansion flames of vengeance). A remastered version is just a rerelease of the same game, but then with fixes and such.
And if it's the same as what Crystal Dynamics did with Tomb Raider, then it's a reboot. Crystal Dynamics decided to start all over, giving lara an other look and with an other gameplay. But they called the game just Tomb Raider.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

So, with an expanded cast, any chance of having a romance with some of the other races introduced in later games like Seasons of the Wolf? I imagine a ratwoman, naga, or centaur romance could be fun ;)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Miakoda wrote:So, with an expanded cast, any chance of having a romance with some of the other races introduced in later games like Seasons of the Wolf? I imagine a ratwoman, naga, or centaur romance could be fun ;)
I've been praying for a naga romance since jack first showed them!, but yeah any kind of more non-human romance is always really interesting to see how they approach it. Also I love monster girls/boys
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I haven't talked with writer/artist but I think we'll keep it to "human/elves/demons" for now :mrgreen:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Haha I haven't talked with writer/artist but I think we'll keep it to "human/elves/demons" for now :mrgreen:
Totally understandable, no worries. Though I also meant just in general for any of your games, not just this one, I often to mention that since I enjoy all your games from the last few years.

Keep up the good work!
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

How is this going? Thought I'd check in. :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Writers are doing their job, but I won't be able to work on it myself before next year :)