Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Life simulation game in a fantasy world: http://www.winterwolves.com/spiritedheart.htm
OtterFace
Young scout

Re: Spirited Heart 2 development thread

Post by OtterFace »

How far into development is this game now?

Spirited Heart was the first game I bought from Winter Wolves and I played it to death, so needless to say I'm super-hyped for the sequel :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sarah / sleepykitten has written already a good amount of character romance routes, but both art/coding-wise is quite behind :oops:
Deji is working on another otome game, but after that one she should be able to resume working on SH2 art :) Don't expect it anytime soon though, sorry!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Heh, much like I realize on your other projects, this one will be finished when it is finished, though you definitely will have my money (plus on the expansions, etc.)

Sleepykitten also did the writing on Heileen 3? (unless I misread it). I loved the writing in the series.

I know this is a bit late, but would it be possible to have events happen when you reach a certain threshold in your skill? Or else have your significant other make a comment on that as well. Say, if one is romancing Yana, and you were a blacksmith (assuming that profession stays), she might ask you to make something just for her...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes Sarah wrote a good amount of the yuri version of Heileen 3 and helped with many other projects editing/proofreading :)
About events happening based on skills don't know yet, is not actually late but too early since I still have to code the whole gameplay, so don't know yet how will work in details. The idea is nice, so if there's time I'll try to add it.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I always wondered HOW this is a sequel? Some of the characters are the same, right? Do romances follow on? Is there going to be a canon ending of the first (how that would work I don't know) Just wondering...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No no, is a sequel only because is called Spirited Heart 2. But everything starts from scratch, though there are some of the previous characters.
I don't know if "sequel" necessarily means that starts where the first ended? or otherwise how you'd call a new version of the same game but with much more improvements?
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:No no, is a sequel only because is called Spirited Heart 2. But everything starts from scratch, though there are some of the previous characters.
I don't know if "sequel" necessarily means that starts where the first ended? or otherwise how you'd call a new version of the same game but with much more improvements?
Remastered Edition
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Yeah, so far it sounds more like a remake than a sequel.
No problems with that, of course -the first Spirited Heart was awesome, even if the art was a bit rough around the edges.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The encounter and romances will remain similar, but I plan to completely change the gameplay, so that will be a completely different game :)
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

jack1974 wrote:The encounter and romances will remain similar, but I plan to completely change the gameplay, so that will be a completely different game :)
Cool!