GUIDE TO UPDATE YOUR GAMES FROM WINTER WOLVES

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

Info: I just moved the guide here, it seems a more suitable place than before.

Just a little guide to update the games of the players safely (Loren the Amazon Princess, Planet Stronghold, Spirited Heart, Bionic Heart, Heileen series, etc.) This guide has been made and tried on the Windows version only of the games.

Of course if you own a game from Winter Wolves, you can only update your game when a new version (or update) is available.

START

The first you must know is that when you download a new version (or update) of a game, you aren't downloading a simple "patch". You are downloading the full game. If it's not registered, the game works only as a demo.

Follow the next steps:

1. Download the new version (or update) of your game from http://www.winterwolves.com (when available of course). Just download your game as usual and there's the new version (or update).

2. Uninstall your current version of your game (to avoid mixing files between versions):

- Don't worry about your saved games, they are safe on another place of your hard disk. However, sometimes they don't work properly with a new version of a game, so it's up to you when to update your game.

- If your game has Achievements (for example Loren the Amazon Princess) or Gallery of endings (for example Bionic Heart), they are not deleted when you uninstall your game. So don't worry.

- The registration information of your game is forever kept on your computer, so don't worry.

3. Install the new version (or update) on your computer.

4. Now you can play the new version of your favorite game

Because you uninstalled your old version of the game, maybe your "Preferences" screen will be back to his default settings. Check this screen to see if everything is correct (as it was before installing the new version, for example settings like the difficulty of the game (if available)).

I think the information above is correct, but maybe Jack wants to correct something ( I'm just trying to help the people about this matter ).
Emerald in May
Young scout

Re: GUIDE TO UPDATE YOUR GAMES FROM WINTER WOLVES

Post by Emerald in May »

I apologize for asking a stupid question but I felt I needed to ask when it's been three years and I couldn't find a different threat.
Is this still the way to update games or is there annother way to update PSCD?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that should work fine with PSCD as well, old savegames might not be compatible (depending how old they are).
Emerald in May
Young scout

Post by Emerald in May »

Thank you.