The world of Aravorn

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: The world of Aravorn

Post by Miakoda »

megaman12321 wrote:You know, when playing through these games, I always imagined most of the cast being in there twenties or so. Never realized Amukiki is (assuming he become chap at twenty, impressive as that is) in his thirties. And Dora and Ramas are old.
For dwarves, Dora is probably in the equivalent of her 20's and Ramas maybe 30ish, reflecting dwarves live longer than humans, but not as long as elves.
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

Miakoda wrote:
megaman12321 wrote:You know, when playing through these games, I always imagined most of the cast being in there twenties or so. Never realized Amukiki is (assuming he become chap at twenty, impressive as that is) in his thirties. And Dora and Ramas are old.
For dwarves, Dora is probably in the equivalent of her 20's and Ramas maybe 30ish, reflecting dwarves live longer than humans, but not as long as elves.
How many of the WW games belong to the same world? I only played Loren and BH1 while a friend of mine played Spirited Hearts. I don't really know who Valery, Daronas, and Haros are from.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Loren, spirited hearts and in the future amber magic shop
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

The majority of these names will be characters that may appear in another game. But going from my memory, and the wikia (Most of this info is also in various places on the forums):

Valery is the female vampire in the N'mar Expansion for Loren 1.

Lydia will appear in Loren 2 (she is one of Saren's possible romances).

Daronas will appear in Seasons of the Wolf, I believe. (Explaining why is a bit spoilerish).

Haros, I've not found any references to, other than the timeline.

As for which games?

The ones currently out would be Loren 1, and Spirited Heart 1. Technically, the game Magic Stones (a rather old one) shares the Aravorn name, but it hasn't 'officially' been confirmed for it. I actually like a lot in it, and would love to see part of it show up (if for no other reason, than say a chapter Druids like Myrth are ashamed to speak of).

Bionic Hearts is actually a different world.

Games that will belong in the same world as Aravorn (but on a different time line) will be Amber's Magic Shop, Loren 2, Seasons of the Wolf, and Spirited Heart 2. Actually, unless something different is said, Spirited Heart 2 will most likely replace Spirited Heart 1 entirely.
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

Replace? Like retconned?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

megaman12321 wrote:Replace? Like retconned?
I hesitate to use the word retconned.

From what I read through previous forum posts, and whatnot, the art was going to be redone so it was just one artist (there were some complications which means the Yuri partners were done by a different artist than the original otome artist). Additionally, one person was going to do all the writing (there were two different writers since the Yuri was written at a different time than the Otome). Finally, it was possible there were going to be more romance partners, as well as a different leveling/skill system.

Of course, this isn't to be taken as official, unless the powers that be say otherwise ;)
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

Miakoda wrote:
megaman12321 wrote:Replace? Like retconned?
I hesitate to use the word retconned.

From what I read through previous forum posts, and whatnot, the art was going to be redone so it was just one artist (there were some complications which means the Yuri partners were done by a different artist than the original otome artist). Additionally, one person was going to do all the writing (there were two different writers since the Yuri was written at a different time than the Otome). Finally, it was possible there were going to be more romance partners, as well as a different leveling/skill system.

Of course, this isn't to be taken as official, unless the powers that be say otherwise ;)
Hm, seems like a revamp then a sequel. Or is it just a sequel with staff changes?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Revamp definitely is a much better term. It should still take place in the same time, but expanded.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes Spirited Heart 2 is the sequel, but will be different in gameplay from the first with more stuff to do. Is also bigger, currently planned are 12 male and 12 female characters, and all romance combinations (GxB, BxG, GxG, BxB) but of course we might just release each combo as it's available so the game is out sooner :lol:
Which means that this time you can also play as male (with the classic 3 races choice, human, elf and demon).
Neverr
Young scout

Post by Neverr »

This is a great post. I think it's super cool how the different games are tied into the same world. Major props, and the storyline interconnects them all. I haven't played spirited Heart because I am under the impression it's a forced female PC. And I have to play a male PC if a large portion of the game is about romancing others, but if SH2 will have a male main char, I'd be interested in that as well!