The world of Aravorn

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The world of Aravorn

Post by jack1974 »

While I'll need to consult the writer about some details, your assumptions are quite accurate indeed :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm getting the maps redone, this time the whole world map! Here's the Issanis sketch:
I scaled it down a lot. Once finished it should be very big so I can even fit more "special locations" later if I need :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I thought the snow elves were on a different continent to the west of the amazons in SotW, but maybe I'm misremembering? Looks like on the map that SotW took place on the east end of the same continent. Also, I think Loren mentioned Amakuki's tribe were nomads to the "south", does that put them in the hills SE of the elves?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, of course, but there can be some cold/snow-filled zones even in the other continent! :) Maybe instead of snow elves there are yetis, though :lol:
That is the eastern continent (Issanis) while as you correctly said SOTW takes place in the western continent of Zoltar. I haven't yet redone it.
I don't remember that detail about Amukiki's tribe but yes there's a desert area in the southern part. It looks a bit crammed right now and indeed told artist to make the eastern and southern parts more "expanded", since they should be bigger than now.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Okay, I was just eyeballing it since there aren't any labels. It plausibly looked like you had the desert and pirate and snow elf city there on the eastern side, but I guess they are different places.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes if you go back to the 1st post, this is the continent on the right. The eastern coast is a bit different from the original drawing I made, so that's probably what got you confused! :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Troyen wrote:I thought the snow elves were on a different continent to the west of the amazons in SotW, but maybe I'm misremembering? Looks like on the map that SotW took place on the east end of the same continent. Also, I think Loren mentioned Amakuki's tribe were nomads to the "south", does that put them in the hills SE of the elves?
From story I think Nomads are from continent of SOTW.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Regarding this, there are Nomads tribes in both continents. (don't know if it's explicitly told in SOTW though).
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Regarding this, there are Nomads tribes in both continents. (don't know if it's explicitly told in SOTW though).
No it wasn't, there ware some things that implied that nomads in SOTW ware from that continent and I just amused that all nomads live on same continent.

Also regarding a map I find it a bit strange that Swamp is fused with Ocean, I don't think that is geographically possible.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

DarkWolf wrote:Also regarding a map I find it a bit strange that Swamp is fused with Ocean, I don't think that is geographically possible.
Must be a marsh then?