Gods & goddesses

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: Gods & goddesses

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:No, not a lot. Also, for some, their origin is known, for others not.
Okay. A very interesting concept.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Ok, I must admit, I was to lazy to read all the posts until now. So maybe I am double posting something ;-) I hope you can forgive me.

I have been playing adventure games for 25 years now. There are always some "stanrad deities" which I think are getting pretty boring by now. Therefore, I suggest to create gods that reign over opposite domains. For example: A god that governs "freedom", "balance" and "chaos". So somehow this gods will ensure that the cycle will continue endlessly and there will be no "end to the world" because one god is able to dominate it at some point with his domain. And of course, different factions can pray to this god with contrary yet similar goals.
I strongly think that such a "tension" helps to keep the pantheon vivid and prevents the world from going "Pantheon Good vs. Pantheon Evil" which is pretty sucked dry by now ;-)

So I suggest something like

Balance and Chaos
Luck and Order (in the meaning of Planning / Strategy)
Craftmanship and Nature
Darkness and Hope
Life / Creation and War
Knowledge / Academics and Ferocity / Feral Lifestyle
Arts / Emotion / Community and Slavery
Lies / Deception and Justice

and so on :-) Maybe this gives you some good suggestions ^^
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the suggestion :) yes there are already some Gods that compete or even hate each other, different factions. Also, there are some Gods that apparently enforce justice, but it's not black or white, they could be merciless to achieve their goals, and so on.
So definitely not a black/white world, but various shades of grey :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I'm guessing there are deities concerning or connected with the elements (fire, air, water, and earth).

Also, how are the planes set up? For example, are there elemental planes as well as planes like Heaven and Hell/Abyss/Hades? Sorry, D&D and Pathfinder fan here. ;P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha good question. For NOW, I only have 4 planes (the 5th MAY exist, but it's not confirmed) :) I just added a page to the wiki about it: http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Planes_Of_Existence
Sigh I should really update it, but no time... :(

Anyways:
In the game, there's the earth-like plane of existence, similar to a medieval age fantasy world, called Aravorn. There are though more Planes Of Existence:
  • Elysium- where the Light Gods live
  • Inferno - where the Dark Gods live
  • Blood Realm - a mirror-image world, but inhabitated only by Demons
  • Spirit World - this planar world is occupied by Animal Spirits: The Great Stag, The Great Bear, The Great Wolf, The Great Fox, and The Great Owl. There are also lesser spirits. The spirits can travel to the mortal world of Aravorn, and have shape-shifting skill, so they can seem human (or any other race).
  • Under-Realm - where common people who die go. Nobody can confirm its existence though. It could just be a popular tale/legend.